𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝓒𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓭𝓼 ~ The life before I

~☁️~

~☁️~

Y/N

I dip my hand back into the muddy water, wetting the rag I held and I slap it back onto the floor where the remains of my fathers muddy work shoes walked. He purposely stomped his feet on the marble tile to kick off the muck, and left it for someone else to clean.

You have enough money. Hire maids.

I grit my teeth and rang out the water and got back to my feet, picking up the bucket by the handle and walking to the kitchen. As I'm walking, I hear a plate crash on the floor above me.

I immediately wince at the thought of my mother getting beat for something she didn't do- once again.

Why can't you divorce him and take me with you?

There are so many unanswered questions I have for God.

Why did you make my life like this?

Why me?

Why would mother marry this brat?

Why would he want kids if he doesn't even love them?

Why did you allow my father to be born into the man he is today?

I clench my hand around the dripping cloth and dump the bucket into the sink. The floorboards creek from above and more ruckus builds up.

I put the bucket in its designed place under the sink and drop the rag into it and go behind the counter to grab the dry mop. I head back to the hallway and run it over to soak up any wet spots I had missed.

"Y/N! Come here!" I hear my father's voice yell from the top of the stairs. My hands grip around the pole of the mop before I set it against the wall and begin to follow up the stairs to where I knew my father was.

My feet skid across the marble and I open the door to the office room and close it behind me. When I look up I see my mother sobbing on the floor with my dad towering over her. My eyebrows furrow and I almost start bawling at the sight of it.

"I saw your grade dropped to a B in math today." He walks over to me and I look at the floor. <"As a thirteen year old girl, you should be smarter than this, yes?">

I see him reach out to me and I flinch uncontrollably. When I don't answer in time he grabs my scalp and yanks my hair.

"What? No! I'm sorry!" I stutter, the flow of tears already falling as my hands go to the wrist of my father and try to pull him off of me, only for him to swipe his hand across my face.