NCT US: Boba Surprise

The gang are all at a boba shop. Why is this one special? I don't know, Lee Tae recommends it. It's got a kinda brown color scheme and looks typical for a boba shop - however those look.

They are in line for the cash register. Melayna tugs at Brianna's sleeve, and she turns around.

Melayna, whispering: I can't believe we're getting boba with the boys!

Brianna, nodding: Yes, the NCT boys! We are very lucky.

Melayna: Yes, indeed.

Lee Tae looks behind at them with a grin. This look would be creepy to most because he's smiling at teenage girls, but I guess he gets a pass for it? The y/n laws are in full effect here.

Lee Tae: Do you guys know what you want to order?

Jungwoo and Mark Lee: Yeah!

Lee Tae: How about you, Melayna and Brianna?

The two blush a little - they've done enough blushing in the last chapter, so I have to cut down on it.

Brianna: Yes, Lee Tae!

Melayna: Of course, Lee Tae!

Dylan rolls his eyes.

Dylan, asking the others: Should I try the blueberry one? I like blueberry.

Priyanshi: No, I tried that once and it was disgusting.

Dylan: Brianna, what do you think?

No answer.

Priyanshi: Brianna?

Dylan: Brian? Brie cheese? Banana?

Brianna is entranced at the sight of Lee Tae, and she can't hear their calls. She's off in la la land, daydreaming about Lee Tae taking her away to a private getaway in Rome with a Vespa. They seem to have lots of Vespas in Rome, you see. It's like some scooter but snobby.

Dylan: Whatever.

Priyanshi, mocking: Whatever! 🤓

Melayna, being a follower again: Whatever! 🤓

Dylan gives side eye. That's all he really does in this fanfic.

The line moves up. It's their turn now.

Lee Tae and the other NCTers, who have just been standing there I guess, order and bow at the cashier. How polite?

Lee Tae: Are you ready to order, Melayna?

Melayna, in a British accent again because I'm bored: Yeah! Thai milk tea boba, if you'd please, madame.

The cashier smiles at her and presses some buttons. Exciting stuff, I know.

Cashier, motioning to Brianna: And you?

Oh no. Brianna forgot her order while looking at Lee Tae! She freezes on the spot.

Brianna: U-um...

Lee Tae, noticing this, puts his hand on her shoulder comfortingly.

Lee Tae: It's okay, Brie.

She calms down and everything starts to make sense as Lee Tae melts away her and her worries.

Dylan: Did you just call her smelly cheese?

Brianna, confidently: I'll have taro milk boba!

Priyanshi: I will, too, please. I like lavender.

The cashier smiles and nods. I don't know if taro milk actually looks super lavender, but we'll pretend it does.