prologue

He loved the darkness like it was his home.
Sunglasses shaded his light brown eyes in the darkened room - had anyone seen those eyes, they'd know who he truly was.

His mother often said so.

Until of course, she decided to casually let him get dragged into this darkness.

"That restaurant is useless to me, William. I can do better than it.", He said, the voice was ice cold.
William nodded.
He knew, his boss loved silence.

The man in a black shirt, hair combed to perfection, walked down to the photographs of the said restaurant.

The name of the restaurant was Spice And Chutney.
But that did not matter to the man who ruled the Underworld.

He lay his fingers on the woman in the picture.
"Who is she?", His tone softened.
"Just a chef."
"Can't be. I have seen her somewhere else too.", He whispered, straining his mind.

"Name?", He asked.
William, his assistant immediately opened the file in his hand. In the dim light of the bulb he read the name.

"Anupamaa."

Arnav Zaveri was a man with photographic memory.
And the woman in the particular photograph had been itched in his mind for a while now.

Not love, of course.
The concept was too foreign for him.

"Maybe I do need the restaurant now.", He whispered, eyes fixed on the woman.

"Angels don't choose devils, Arnav.", He heard his mentor from behind.

His lips curved into an amused smile.

"We shall see."

premise :

In this universe, Anupamaa marries Anuj only. Almost ten years after their marriage, it falls apart (the backstory shall be introduced later in the book).
This book starts after Anupamaa's divorce, when she has finally shifted to America with her friend Devika's help and works at Spice and Chutney.
She is obviously younger in this, in her late thirties.
Arnav Zaveri is a Mafia businessman who was also Anuj's greatest business rival when she had married Anuj.

troupe :

grumpy × sunshine
and since it is mafia, it is bound to be dark (and hot)

- the cast is completely up to you :)

••

epigraph

_

Killing me slow, out the window
I'm always waiting for you to be waiting below
Devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes
What doesn't kill me makes me want you more

••

need your views on this one!