chapter 4

You're so gorgeous
I can't say anything to your face
'Cause look at your face (gorgeous)
And I'm so furious
At you for making me feel this way
But what can I say?
You're gorgeous

gorgeous , taylor swift.

.

Three days had passed.
It felt like three decades to Arnav.

Anupamaa had not showed up again, the restaurant had been sealed and he had been devoid of even seeing her because now she did not walk out of the Dhillon House - neither were their whereabouts known.
Rohini had given up on him and declared him an "obsessed man with an insult kink".
Rightfully so.

The Zaveri Mansion was an estate that extended for acres altogether.
Zaveris had not been this rich or prosperous until very recently. 
Zaveri Senior, or Uddhav Zaveri, was a man of responsibility and family. Although his son was the Mafia King, he had not been too appreciative of it.
The tradition of Mafias was started by Arnav's grandfather. A man of power and ambition.
After his demise, Uddhav had wished to keep his son away - but his childhood friend, the "Mentor" had wanted to keep the Mafia lineage alive. 

Arnav had initially taken to his father and decided to stay away from blood and money, he had been a simple businessman with a wife and son.
Until, everything fell apart.
His mother had been absolutely hateful of this. When she had come to know of the illegal activities of the Zaveri family, she had left.
Arnav had been young back then, but he remembered her leaving.

Although that had not been able to wound him much since his father had immediately found him a replacement.
His step mother.
Himanshi Zaveri was a woman of ambitions. Although a step mother, she had treated Arnav like her own son, and had only wanted him to excel. 
When he had finally stepped into the Mafia darkness, she had been more than happy.

Arnav had a younger step sister who he loved apart from his parents.
And that was all the people he loved.

Arnav sat in his study reading through Fifty Shades of Grey while casually sipping on a lemonade.
Rohini walked in and placed a wedding card before him.
"Don't annoy me, I am reading an interesting peace of literature.", He said casually, not looking up.
"Your Highness, you are legit reading smut.", Ro said irritably as she sat back on the seat opposite to him.
"Yep. It's peak literature.", He said, still not looking up.
He had his powerless spectacles on, wearing his usual black suit over a black shirt. Hair combed to perfection as usual.

"This is what happens when your real life is devoid of se-"
"What is his life devoid of?", Himanshi Zaveri asked walking in.
Ro felt her face go hot in embarrassment.
"Sundar kanya.", Ro immediately corrected herself, beautiful woman.
Arnav sighed as he finally shut the book and kept it on one side of the table.
"I keep telling him to marry again.. What is the issue now? Isha has already remarried another man and is happy.. But he just doesn't listen.", Himanshi said sighing.

Ro had expected a reaction from Arnav on the mention of his ex wife, but he did not seem to care enough.
He picked up the wedding card on the desk.

"Isha is happy, good for her. I am happy, so let me be.", He said as he looked at the names of the card.
Anuj Weds Shruti
He sighed.
"You are not happy, Arnav beta. You should marry and settle down-"
"Maa.", He looked up, "Marriage is not my cup of tea. First one is over for good and I don't need the second one to traumatize me. I have had enough."

Himanshi sighed as she left.
"Who is catering for this?", He asked Ro.
Ro raised a brow.
"Really? You are attending his wedding? I thought you'd tear that card up.", She said, taken aback.
"I deserve food for free.", He said sitting back.
"You would be amused to know, it's your obsession catering. Spice and Chutney.", Rohini sighed.
Arnav immediately sat up.

"Wait.. you are telling me Ex-Mrs Kapadia is catering for Mr. Kapadia's second marriage?", He said, sounding super excited.
"Indeed.", Rohini said.
Arnav immediately stood up.
"Then we must go to this wedding.", He announced with a smile.

"Why? You know she will be too busy being on tragic over Kapadia marrying. No entertainment whatsoever.", Rohini said.
"Exactly.", He said straightening up, adjusting his suit, "Poor Anupamaa.. sad over ex husband's marriage.. So much jag soona soona.. She must need some moral support.", He said dramatically.