chapter 5

And I, I never meant to cause you trouble
And I, I never meant to do you wrong
And I, well if I ever caused you trouble
Oh no, I never meant to do you harm

trouble, coldplay

Trouble was about to pull her to the middle of the stage when the moment was ruined by a voice.

"You did not meet the groom or bride, Mr. Zaveri."

Arnav's amused smile melted into annoyance as he finally edged away from Anupamaa.
She drew in a deep breath, trying to calm down her pacing heart.
Arnav turned to face Anuj Kapadia.

"I am here for the food, Kapadia. So, I directly headed to the caterer.", Arnav said forcing a fake smile.
"I thought we were not rivals anymore.", Anuj said pushing his spectacles back.

Arnav's smile widened, amused.

"True that. Because I do not do rivalrys with losers.", He said crossing his arms before himself.
"Loser?", Anuj asked, returning the same, amused energy, "What have I lost? I run one of the biggest event management companies here."

Arnav took a step towards him, almost intimidating him.
Looking straight into his eyes.

"Lost your beautiful ex wife, haven't you?", He asked softly.

He noticed Anuj's smile vanish instantaneously.
This was personal attack.

"Anyways.", Arnav added, "It was not so lovely to meet you."
He turned towards Anupamaa, who had been keenly listening to the two men taking.

"Oh by the way.. Your gift will reach you by evening. My driver will deliver it. For now..", He smiled at Anupamaa, who straightened up,
"Miss Joshi might have to give me a taste of her food."

Seeing the opportunity Anupamaa immediately rushed to the food counter.
The awkwardness she was facing before her ex and a billionaire who seemed oddly obsessed with her was huge.

Anuj clenched his jaws, and inhaled deeply.
"Have a great married life, Kapadia. Hope you don't end up losing this one too.", He said casually.
"You care so much?", Anuj asked.
Arnav turned towards him, his smirk intact.

"I don't give a damn about you, brother.", He said straightening up, "But I am interested your ex wife."

His smile widened.
"I don't need her ex running behind her, pulling her back.", He added with a wink before turning away and striding down to the food counter.

Anupamaa was busily looking into the already arranged food, checking if everything was alright.
Arnav stood right beside her.
She felt his presence, drawing in a deep breath.

"You have my apologies, Ms. Joshi.", He said clearing his throat.
She immediately turned to look at him, wide-eyed.

She looked at him awkwardly.

"I did not mean you embarass you in any way. My intent was to annoy your smug ex who let you cater in his wedding like a sadist.", He said in a matter of factly tone.