Part seven - Where's my epic background music

Mary's stirs, or tries to, but is held down to the bed with ropes. She opens her eyes slowly to see Doctor James (if that's even his real name), staring back at her.

"Happy to see you awake, agent." He throws her mocking words back at her and she scoffs. Isn't this the little predicament. She's sure her sister will come get her, but she hopes it'll be in time.

"I'm impressed," he says, circling the hospital bed she's strapped to. "You asked all the right questions. If I had told you what they were both learning that week, you would know exactly who I am—"

"What you are, is a monster, you little bitch. And I swear to God if you don't let me go I will—"

"You'll what, girl? I am thousands of years old, what will you do to me?" She struggles against the restraints as she tries to jump at him, and notices her legs aren't bound. Stupid choice.

She buys time, slowly trying to move her legs close enough to grab the blade in there. She can feel it against her leg.

"Yeah? How come we've never heard of you then?" She pushes.

"Because unlike the other Gods, we tend to have a quiet nature. I do not want hunters to come for me, I eat only those who will not be missed. But this week, I'd came up with a far better plan. I thought, why not tell my students more about me, the real me. They seemed so excited, too." He walks over to the wooden chair next to Mary's bed, sitting down to tell her the rest of his incredibly long story that Mary thought would be her reason of death.

"Then they started... those foolish students started speaking ill of me. Me. I am a God. How dare they? I could not control it, I couldn't let them get away with it."

"Aren't you supposed to live in water?"

"Someone has been doing her homework." He smiles as if proud. "We only need to live in water as infants. But some still do so because walking among humans is a dangerous thing."

"Dangerous? You eat their damn hearts, What's wrong with you?"

He looks confused, shaking his head. "I do no such thing. I only take them as souvenirs. The only food I need from humans is their soul."

"Let me guess. You rip it out of them?"

"Yes. I'm sure you can guess where from."

+

"She isn't answering my calls." Sam nods at Mel from the passengers seat, Dean still eating his burger while speeding to where the GPS showed Mary to be. She had hacked into her phone's location yesterday when she found out her sister has disabled the main one.

Well, the man has priorities, Mel thought. And it's true, Dean was nothing if not obsessed with food. And he doesn't let anything, not even a human in danger, come between him and his burgers. That's comforting.

Thankfully, he finishes the sandwhich by the time they arrive at the abandoned warehouse. They don't know what this thing is, so they came prepared. Blades, guns, machetes. Whatever it is that kills it, they hoped they had it.

Mel admits she hasn't been the best sister since their parents died, but she'd never leave Mary in danger. Ever. She wishes she could prove it, her love for her sister that goes beyond anything she's ever felt in her whole life. She would kill for her. She can't let her go, not when she was stupid enough to leave her alone.

"Guns blazing?" Sam asks dean and his brother echos the words, opening the double doors slowly, a gun pointed forwards. They don't get far before they notice Mary strapped to a bed, one of her hands free and a blade in the other one.