The Price I Had To Pay for My Curiosity.

"Bring the light-skinned girl with blunt hair," Nkem ordered after he stepped into the container, glancing at all of them for a few seconds.

"Make it fast, I need to send it to my client before 12 am," he ordered, stepping backwards as one of the guys hurriedly gave him a plastic chair to sit on.

Two guys went inside; the next thing I saw was them dragging her out to a secluded chamber.

I stalked them as much as I could, but at some point, it became difficult for me to see as the room in the container seemed really dark.

Thank goodness some few guys came flickering touch lights dimly.

I couldn't see everywhere clearly, but obviously, I could see that two guys are standing beside the girl as her hands are tied together at her back with her lips glued.

A shiver ran down my spine upon seeing another guy coming in with a sharp-edged cutlass.

"Oh goodness, it's not what I'm thinking," I muttered quietly. A part of my mind asked me to run away, while the other advised me to be undaunted. Well, I chose to be undaunted.

"Bring her here," the guy with the cutlass instructed as he was standing beside a sturdy wooden post, its surface etched with symbols of ancient rites. I could see thick ropes tangled from its upper reaches.

My heart started beating at the back of my chest as they lay the girl on the wooden post.

I didn't realize when I screamed.

"Nooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!"

Tears streamed down my cheeks as the man slayed the poor girl, despite how she pleaded.

"Who is that?" they asked in unison, terrified and startled.

Tears ran down my chin ceaselessly. "I'm in a big mess. I'm not supposed to scream, but I couldn't help it. I've never witnessed such before, and moreover, it's evil. Wait, is this what Nkem does for a living? Killing people and feeding me with blood money."

My stomach crumbled upon the thought, and I was so terrified that I almost lost consciousness.

"What are you fools standing there for?" Nkem screamed at the top of his voice. I could tell from the way he sounded that he's threatened. I'm sure he thought it's the police.

"Why didn't I allow the taxi guy to call his police friend? It was God coming to help me in human form. How could I have been so carnal?" I screamed silently upon the thought of spiritual blindness.

Tracing where the scream came from, the guys walked towards my direction, lurking. But I could see them clearly without them seeing me. I took advantage of the darkness and promptly switched my direction.

They took over 30 minutes searching for me.

Nkem stood up to clean the girl they had killed up by himself hurriedly as the other guys were searching for me. He tore her belly and took out two of her kidneys, put them into a sack, before arranging them in a luggage and put a couple of clothes on top of it as if he's traveling.

"Oh no," I whispered silently upon seeing Nkem dashing towards my direction, rolling the luggage. I wanted to stand up and move to the other container, but one of the guys was standing right in front of the container holding a gun. Nkem had already instructed them to kill whoever they see, and my chest was beating too fast.

Out of too much fear of getting caught by Nkem, I opted for the opposite direction quickly, causing my leg to dash to a stone.

"Ahh!"

I hit my leg on a stone in the process of protecting my baby bump, causing me to groan in pain.

They all quickly rushed towards my direction, flickering their touch lights.