Wrong Perception

"The good news is, no one will believe you even if you tell them what you just saw. And the bad news is, I'll kill you the day I hear it from anyone.

Another piece of good news is, even if you tell your father about it, he'll definitely ask me because he's blinded by my money. But the sad aspect of this is that I'll kill him and also kill you the day he asks me that stupid question.

So, in order to protect my unborn child, I'll quarantine you until you give birth. After that, you'll be free to nurse our child, but the choice to keep quiet or be smart will be yours to make.

"Quarantine me?" I asked, dumbfounded. "Do you mean I'll be staying here with my hands tied behind my back until I give birth?"

Nkem stood up slowly from where he was sitting beside me, heading outside. "Well, I'll give you the opportunity to live in the house with me, but without phones and you won't be allowed to leave through the front door. I've already told three of my boys to be your personal bodyguards. I'm not regretting this because you made me do it," he said, narrowing his brow.

Next time you cross my path, you might not be that lucky," he warned as he opened the door widely, leaving me inside untied.

I stood up rapidly, following him, frightened by the unusual decoration in the cozy room. I gasped in astonishment when I realized the room was inside our house the moment I stepped out, but I had landed in Nkem's bedroom.

"It's a concealed space," I muttered to myself, realizing how secure it was. "What a monster," I thought, looking at him irritably.

"What? Are you surprised?" he smirked at me, noticing my expression. "You see, I should have shown you this place a long time ago, but I don't trust you, just like you don't trust me."

"Honestly, I loved you when I met you at the hotel, but not until you messed things up. If only you had accepted my proposal willingly, maybe things would have gone well for us. But now it's obvious, you just like things to be done the hard way," he said as he sat on the bed, unbuttoning his shirt.

"You've traced where you came from by all means," he continued, and I paid close attention, finally hearing the revelation I had longed for about how he knew my dad.

A stitch of bitterness covered my heart as he laughed devilishly, calling my father a gold digger.

"Your father is such a gold digger," he chuckled, wincing at the words. "I didn't imagine it would be that easy. The moment I promised him just 50 million if he could let me marry you, he assured me with his life that you would be my wife automatically."

"Money can buy anything indeed," he mused. "It's so cool to be rich. If only you knew how powerful money is, you wouldn't blame me for the kind of job I do."

Tears streamed down my face uncontrollably. "How could he do that to me?" I whispered in my bitter heart.

"I've always wanted to be like Churchill, wealthy, but it was never possible," he continued. "Life taught me that you can't get everything you want, but you can choose what best suits you and stick to it."

"You can't be a good man and possess power at the same time. It's either you are a bad man with power, or you are a good and genuine man without any power. So, the choice is yours," he said, reflecting on his own choices.

"I once chose to be a good man without power, just like you, a good girl from a poor home. But do you know what happened? I lost my wife, unborn children, and my mother, who had always been my great motivator, because there was no money for her hospital bills," he revealed, his voice filled with pain.

"Money can buy anything indeed," he repeated bitterly. "It's so cool to be rich. If only you knew how powerful money is, you wouldn't blame me for the kind of job I do."