Prologue

I walk through the dark streets on a rainy night alone and scared.

How could they do this to me? How could they leave me out with no sympathy at all?
Anger fills me at the thought of it.

I'm prepared to die out here. If hunger doesn't get to me first, then the cold will.
Maybe I can find some shelter, I think to myself as I continue to walk, just anywhere.

A figure appears in the distance, through the fog. A man who seems to be walking towards me. My heart rate rises as I turn my head looking for something to do or somewhere to go.

I finally make out the features of the man more clearly as he becomes more visible.
He looks strange, very old with a long white beard, and seems to be wearing a cloak.
How odd, I thought to myself.

"Victoria Salvatore," he calls out to me.

"How do you know my name?" I raise my voice, panicked.

"I mean no harm, let me explain who i am and why i am here"

"No!" I demanded "stay back!"

"I understand that you are afraid, but you need to listen to me carefully"

"I don't have to listen to a word you say, i've never seen you in my life"

"Did you get a letter?" I freeze at his words "you got a letter from somewhere called Hogwarts, didn't you"

I slowly nod my head "how do you know about that" i lower my voice

"My name is Dumbledore, i am the headmaster of Hogwarts, school of witchcraft and wizardry"