chapter 3 ~ Unwanted Trouble

I wake up to the sun hitting my face through the windows. this all wasn't a dream.

"Rise and shine" Pansy says "cmon, get up, put on your robes"

I pull my blanket off and get up groaning

"What even happened last night?" I ask with a scratchy voice, squinting my eyes from the sunlight.

"You tell me," Pansy says in a playful voice "I came in here and saw you asleep under the covers on your bed. But Mattheo was in here wasn't he?"

I nod. Mattheo was in here, and I basically spoke my heart out laying next to him on my bed, in the moonlight.
"Didn't you see him leave here?" I asked Pansy. "He put my books down and we talked for a bit"

"Oh is that what happened" she smiles

"Yes, that's what happened"

"I didn't see him leave, I came in here late. He must have gone up to the astronomy tower" she says while fixing her hair through the mirror.

"The astronomy tower?" i repeat in a questioning tone
"That's where he goes most of the time for anything like when he wants to get away for a bit, it's his special place. There and his room. He can feel a bit trapped sometimes" she looks at me from the mirror

I take in the information. I know how he feels. He wanted to go to the astronomy tower after we talked. I guess it was pretty personal.

"How do you know all this stuff about him?" I wonder as I put my robes on.

"I've known all of them since we were kids. Our parents are all friends and have the same... interests. Mattheo and the others are like my brothers. Come on now, you're going to have a full day at hogwarts today with classes, actually experiencing everything unlike yesterday, but first we have breakfast before classes at the great hall"

I finish up getting ready until me and Pansy finally walk out and into the common room. It's empty.

"Are we late? Where is everyone?" i ask

"Im guessing they're all at the great hall, we better get going"

I follow her out the common room. Looking out here only reminds me to know my way around better.

"our first class is divination" i tell her while looking down at my schedule

"Taught by professor Trelawney. She is an odd one. Practically lives in her head" she answers

"After we have transfigurations, professor Mcgonagall teaches that class right?"

Pansy nods her head "she's a bit- uptight, but she means well"

"And Snape? He was accusing me around of things like he was looking for trouble, something was just off about him"

"There's always something on about Snape" she tells me "i'm sure you know all about him, he teaches defense against the dark arts after wanting the position for years. Some even say he even jinxed the position. Every year something happens to the professor that teaches it. Now he's finally got it."

"I've definitely heard about his reputation"

"I do have a feeling that not only will you be well known, but you will probably excel in class"

I give her a questioning look "why do you think so?"

She raises a brow "i can tell how smart you are, just by the way you talk, and that's saying something"

"I don't really know what you're talking about"

"Oh please, before you play dumb, we're here"

She opens the big wooden door and walks in as I follow. It's crowded, the students are all seated and eating. Most turn their heads to look at me.