i

✶˚₊‧✩*「chapter 1」*✩‧₊˚✶

"CHUCK DON'T YOU step on my flowers!" I yell as the young boy walks over. Chuck had been in the Glade for less then a month and we had become very close friends. When he first arrived in the box, he looked so scared I felt so bad. I decided to look after him for as long as I could. "I just watered them."

"They're fine, Jade." Chuck says, sitting down next to me.

I'd been in the Glade for 6 months now and I had taken in upon myself to turn the place pretty. Well as pretty and a square box of grass and trees can get.

When I first suggested the idea, the boys laughed in my face, saying that the Glade was fine as it was and that they didn't need girlie flowers. Trust me, after a week of the flowers growing, the boys seemed to like them just fine.

"I'm not having those ones ruined." I said. "I will never forgive Minho for falling on my lilies."

"It was funny." Chuck said, laughing at the memory. I glared at him playfully but laughed nonetheless.

"How's your last moments of being a greenie?" I ask him.

"It's good." Chuck replied. "I can't wait to meet the new greenie."

"Same." I say, I gesture for him to hand me a cup of water. "I hope it's another girl."

"You say that every time there's a new greenie." Chuck says, handing me the water.

I carefully pour it over the ground where I just planted a new seed I keep forgetting to plant. "And how would you know that? You've been here for a month." I say, raising my eyebrow at him.

"I've heard stories." He replied.

✩ ✩ ✩

Chuck wandered off, carefully avoiding the lillies. He went to the box to wait for the new greenie.

I normally go to the box early, the hope of a girl arriving lingering in the back of my brain.

But I doubt there will be one for a long time. Maybe even forever.

I decided not to go to the box today. Instead I go over to my bed. Well it wasn't exactly a bed. More like a sheet over a pile of grass, leaves and moss. It wasn't uncomfortable but it wasn't the most relaxing thing either. I didn't mind though.

An alarm rang out through the Glade signalling that the new greenie had arrived. In the distance, the boys crowded round the box. I stared from my spot, watching to see if anything exciting happened.

Which it did.

A boy burst through the crowd, sprinting across the Glade. He came to a sharp stop, falling right over my lilies. I gasped, getting up and running over.

Alby had run after the boy, who was now up on his feet.

I dropped down, checking over the lillies. Luckily, most of them were ok.

Alby, who had just reached us, stopped next to the greenie. "You're flowers ok, Jade?" He asked.

"Mhm." I nod. I carefully pull out the broken flowers and put them to the side.

The new greenie looks at me surprised, but shrugs it off, "Sorry." He says.

"It's ok." I say, giving him a quick smile. I turn back and pick up the dead flowers. What a waste.

Heyyy
chapter 1 doneee
and idk if this is good or anything
but i thought it would be a funny introduction even if its not much if one
next chapter they properly get introduced!!
love you lots

-Jess

word count: 593
edited: no