"In the Silence of the Night: A Bond of Resolve"?

As Abhiraj excused himself to answer the phone call, Advika felt a bit disappointed as she watched him leave, wishing she had more time to talk to him. But she shook off her thoughts and turned to her brother.

She smiled at him, and they started talking about anything and everything, judging people's fashion sense (typical siblings, of course 😅).

Their parents called them to meet their other friends. As Advika was mingling with the guests, she got a call from her hospital. She excused herself from the people and went to a corner to answer the call because of the loud music of the party.

Her heart skipped a beat as she answered, her senses on high alert as she listened to the voice on the other end of the line. "Dr. Chauhan, the surgery of the child you did in the afternoon needs your immediate attention," the voice said, urgency laced in every word. "Can you come in right away?"

Advika's heart raced as she processed the message, her mind already racing ahead to the critical task that awaited her at the hospital. With a sense of determination, she turned to Abhimanyu, who had come behind her because he was worried about her leaving hurriedly to answer the call.

"Bhai, I need to leave for the hospital," Advika said to her brother.

"Kya hua, Adi? Itni tension mein kyu hai tu?" he asked.

"Bhai, jis bache ki mene dopahar ko surgery ki thi, he needs immediate attention. I need to immediately reach the hospital," she explained before going to inform her parents about her leaving for the hospital. She narrated everything to them.

"Nita, Manyu, chodega tujhe hospital? Tu itni raat ko akele kaise jayegi?" Omkar asked, agreeing with his wife.

"Nahi maa, Manyu ko party enjoy karne do. Mein apne wajah se usse disturb nahi karna chahti. Besides, cab mein jaldi pahoch jaungi," Advika replied.

"Ji nahi, mein tujhe chodne chal raha hu. That's final," Manyu said firmly.

"Bhai, aap argue mat karo," Advika replied to her brother's persistence.

Their back-and-forth continued:

"Haa."

"Nahi."

"Haa."

"Nahi."

"Yeh dono kis baat ke liye haa nahi kar rahe hai?" Maya asked Nita.

"Actually aunty, mujhe immediately hospital Jana hai due to emergency, aur Bhai jid kar rahe hai ki woh mujhe drop karne chalenge," answered Advika before her mother could.

"Aur yeh mana kar rahi hai," added Manyu.

"Mein isiliye mana kar rahi hu kyuki I don't wanna disturb anybody," Advika explained, glaring at her brother who was not understanding her.

"Arre toh abhi chod dega Naa, waise bhi usse kuch kaam hai office mein aur hospital toh office ke way mein hi aati hai, he'll drop you off. Wait, I will call him," Nita intervened.

"Nahi aunty," before Advika could say no to her, Nita had already gone to call Abhiraj. Advika turned to her parents to say no to Maya aunty. Her father replied, "Abhi will drop you, and he won't be disturbed."

"But papa..."

"That's it, you aren't going alone at this hour," her mother insisted.

Maya was looking for her son when she found him entering the hall with a file in his hand. She went near him before she could say anything, he said, "Maa, I am leaving for the office. I have important work."

Maya said, "Beta, will you please drop Advika to the hospital? She has to reach the hospital immediately," in a concerned tone.

Although he wanted to decline, he understood her concern and said, "Sure." She beamed at him and went to call Advika when she saw her talking with her mother and father-in-law.

Advika bid farewell to the hosts and her parents, feeling a wave of gratitude wash over her, thankful for their understanding and support.

As Abhimanyu came to drop her off till the car, she hugged him and said, "I will call you once I reach the hospital." He nodded, smiling at his little sister, and said, "Don't worry, everything will be fine." She smiled gratefully at her brother's kind words.

With a smile, she made her way back to where Abhiraj stood, his expression unreadable amidst the swirl of emotions that coursed through her.

"Abhiraj," she called out softly, drawing his attention. "Thank you for offering to drop me off at the hospital. I really appreciate it."

Abhiraj nodded, his gaze meeting hers with a hint of concern. "Of course, Advika. I'll make sure you get there safely," he replied, his voice filled with reassurance.

As they embarked on the drive to the hospital, the atmosphere in the car was filled with palpable tension, a silent acknowledgment of the urgency of their mission. Despite the urgency, there was a sense of calmness that enveloped them, the rhythmic hum of the engine soothing their frayed nerves.

Advika sat beside Abhiraj, her thoughts consumed by the critical task that awaited her at the hospital. She glanced out the window, watching the city lights blur past in a kaleidoscope of colors, each one a silent reminder of the lives she was sworn to protect. Meanwhile, she scrolled through the patient's report on her phone, her brow furrowed in concentration as she absorbed the details.

Beside her, Abhiraj remained focused on the road ahead, his hands steady on the wheel as he navigated through the bustling streets of the city. Despite the late hour, the roads were still alive with activity, the city's heartbeat echoing in the distance.

As they drove on in silence, a sense of camaraderie seemed to settle between them, the unspoken understanding that they were united in their mission to save a life. In that moment, amidst the chaos of the night, a quiet bond seemed to form between them, forged in the crucible of adversity.

Despite the uncertainty that lay ahead, Advika found herself strangely comforted by Abhiraj's presence, his steady demeanor a source of strength in the face of adversity. Together, they navigated the twists and turns of the city streets, their destination drawing ever closer with each passing moment.

As they finally reached the hospital, a sense of relief washed over Advika, her heart pounding with anticipation at the task that awaited her within its walls. With a silent nod of gratitude, she turned to Abhiraj, her eyes filled with determination.

"Thank you," she said softly, her voice filled with sincerity. "For everything."

Abhiraj smiled in response, a silent acknowledgment of their shared journey. "Anytime, Advika," he replied, his gaze unwavering as he met hers. "I'll be here whenever you need me."

With that, she stepped out of the car and into the bustling chaos of the hospital, their minds focused on the critical task that awaited them.