Chapter 30: Epilogue

If someone asks Aria what inspires her to write this whole Album, she won't hesitate to tell them about this one girl that she met during one of her concerts. She was wearing a mask that covers half of her face because after all this whole album is about H.E.R.

"So we are now down for the final song tonight."

She received a loud "Awwwww" from her fans which made her chuckle.

"Why? We'll see again soon don't worry. I'll be back in no time."

She assured her fans and smiled. The crowd cheers.

"Going back, this final song is the last track from my new mini album. You have already heard the other five tracks earlier but this one holds a very special place in my heart."

Aria smiled as the crowd cheers for her.

"Basically this song is about healing and forgiveness. All of us have our darkest moment in our lives aren't we?"

The crowd loudly answered "Yes".

"And it's okay, part 'yun ng life. Darkness makes us stronger and brave. What's not okay is being stucked in that darkness. I know it's difficult but you need to help yourself para makaalis doon. We should all learn to forgive ourself and others. Hindi naman lahat sasaktan tayo, we will all have that one safety net. Someone that will help us heal all the wounds from the past and help us step out of the darkness to see the Daylight."

She said as she walked to her piano on stage. She take one last glance to the audience and smiled.

"This one is called Daylight."

Aria played the intro and begin singing the first verse and first chorus finished she begin to walked towards the center of the stage. The spotlight following her.

And I can still see it all (In my mind)
All of you, all of me (Intertwined)
I once believed love would be (Black and white)
But it's golden (Golden)

She looked at the audience once again to where the five figures sitting and smiling at her. One of them is holding a trophy and wearing a medal around her neck.

She smiled at Allison as the latter wave the trophy and medal for her to see. Aria nodded and smiled brightly as she slowly closed her eyes; singing her heart out for Allison because after all this song is for her.

And I can still see it all (In my head)
Back and forth from New York (Sneaking in your bed)
I once believed love would be (Burning red)
But it's golden
Like daylight, like daylight
Like daylight, daylight

Allison on the other hand beamed at how beautiful Aria is. Aria is wearing a long white dress and shining on the stage. She is more than proud of her because after all Aria is what she called the "Melody in My Heart".

°°°

The concert ended, Allison is now about to drive Aria home.

"Can we take a detour?"

"Hmmm? Of course, any place in mind that you want to visit?"

"Antipolo, let's watch the stars and city lights."

Allison didn't need to be told twice and drove them away from the buzzling city of Manila.