Princess

I wished I listened to my big brother. 

He was only trying to protect me, protect me from the real world, and only wanted to keep me safe. Who am I you must me wondering? I'm Layla, princess of Verdant. You know, I never get to chose to be a princess, and I didn't want to. 

I don't see myself as a princess, I see myself as a warrior. I don't want men to protect me, which is why I protect myself, but now as my big brother going to soon be king, I have to protect him. I know he is my sibling and he's suppose to protect me, but ever since the death of our parents, he's been more damaged ever since. 

Our mother had passed away when we were little, I was three and he was six when that happened. I really didn't know my mother, but I looked exactly like her. According to what my father and my brother had told me ever since I was little. My mother had really light wavy brown brown hair, and really blue eyes. I'm just a copy as her, I wish I can say something but she was sweet too, just how people describe me. 

My brother, Levi, was my role model. He looked like my father, like that fluffy brown hair, and really nice hazel eyes. My father was everything to me, he was also everything to Levi as well. 

Until, all beautiful flowers has gone picked, and my father was one of them. 

He got poised on his office, I remembered I couldn't go in, as there were so many guards coming to see what was happening. My brother was by my side, really worried. We were both young adults, it almost happened a year ago. The Council finally told us what happened. 

"The King had passed from being poised." She said, and I remembered my heart had completely sank. Looking at Levi, he was shocked, he couldn't move out of the chair. That's where he changed the most, our father's death. After that, he made sure I wouldn't go to the real world. 

I was sitting on my office, the bedroom was right next to me, expect more farther away. I was writing something on a piece of paper, I put the feather in the ink, until I heard a knock on my door. 

"Come in!" I said while I was trying to continue writing. I love writing stories about adventures, and especially me exploring it. But I guess I have to stop writing after what this guard said. 

"Princess." He said. 

"You can just call me Layla." I told him, I'm not sure what the point is to call me princess even though I have a name. 

"Princess Layla, your brother, he's waiting for you in his office." He said, and I just put my feather back to the ink, hoping it's gonna be something good, oh wait, it is his crown time. 

I went to his office, and opened the door. 

" Haven't you learn how to knock." He said with his mysterious voice, he was looking at the window, watching the children play outside. The people trading and buying goodies. Slowly, he turned around, giving me only the side of his eye and smiling. 

"I'm younger, so it's fine." I said while he chuckled. 

"Today is a big day, I'm being crowned, and it's here." He said while going closer to me. I could see in his eyes that he was scared. 

"If your nervous just tell me, we are not step siblings." I told him, he chuckled again while finally meeting my eye. He knows that I know him so well. 

"Little sister, I never knew that I would fit to be king." He said still giving me his warm smile. 

"You are, and that's why I would always be on your side." I said, and I hugged him, I did get teary since I remembered him being a scared kid. But now that he is 21 years old, he doesn't show his nervousness. 

" And I will always be on your side too." He said, while hugging me back.