Chapter-03

Harry pov-

I walked inside the library as I saw Malfoy leaning against the wall and looking at the moon. There was a very distinct smell though. For some reason it made me tear up. They were cigarettes. Same ones that my uncle smoked. I walked to Draco as he blowed the smoke out of his mouth.

Draco pov-

-You're 10 mins late Potter. Do you think I'm the one that needs this tutoring session?

- I'm sorry, I was having my dinner. I won't do this again.

I looked at him suprised. Potter said sorry to me?? But I noticed his voice was quivery and he had tears in his eyes.

- Woah potter, it's okay I was just joking. Don't cry please it'll make me feel guilty.

- No it's not that. Can you not smoke cigarettes when you're with me atleast. Please.

- Yeah sure I guess. Do you mind telling me why?
I said as I set off the ciggerate.

- You have to swear that you won't tell this to anybody though.

He pulled up his sleeves, exposing the cigarette burns on his arms. And there wasn't just one, there were many like those. One spot was particularly deep like it had been burned many times.

He put the sleeve back on and wiped this tears immediately.

- Who? And why?

- My uncle. And most of them are because i didn't complete my chores on time or properly. Some are just because he was drunk.

My first reflex was to hug him. The golden boy, the boy who lived was tortured by his own family? My hearts aches for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he wouldn't hug me back as he hated me but guess what he hugged me back. I was on the verge of  crying but i can't cry infront of Potter.

- it's okay Harry. I'm here.