5 Epilogue

Several days passed and we all just returned from the last funeral.  We had gone to the other funerals in the previous days. The law firm was sold to a law firm that wanted a bigger location. After the deceased lawyers items were removed as well as clients files, it was sold for a nice price. We sold all the furniture except the file cabinets that were  taken to Sacramento offices. Jane, Diane and Avery decided to give money from the sale to the grieving family members.  We finally were leaving to go back to Sacramento. Diane and the others left already for Egypt.

Maura: J, I am glad you all gave the survivors the monies. The family can use it for their college or other expenses.  I wrote a check to the wives and husband's too. We all know losing someone close especially a spouse is hard. I lost two wives and one ex husband.

Maura got closer to me and used the middle seat belt. I knew she was thinking  about her former spouses.  We were at the signal light and I kissed her cheek. She kissed my hand as I drove us to the interstate. We listened to music as I drove us. Traffic was a bear with the California Trans was making improvements on the interstate. We finally made it home after four hours.  Clayton, Jennifer, Samuel, Charice, Maura and I removed the wood that was cut into smaller pieces to the backyard so it could eventually dry it. We knew next season it would be ready to use.

Maura: Thank you everyone for helping us upload it.  You all have some for your home. Please enjoy the rest of your day.

We took our bags of inside of clean and dirty clothes. We had a few clothes that weren't washed in Lake Tahoe.  We placed the dirty clothes in the washing machine and started it. We went to unpack everything else.  Maura and I decided to watch TV until the last of the clothes were dried and put away. We finally fell asleep sometime after ten. 1

MAURA and I  made carnitas, Spanish rice and opened a can of beans adding strips of cut bacon with rice for dinner.  Jane made the Salsa and margaritas for dinner.  We took  Monday off from work. We were glad  because we both had hang overs from drinking too many margaritas. Lisa,Avery, June,  Aspen had ate dinner with us the night before. They told us the next afternoon they had drank too much and puked alot.  The six of us indulge into way too many margaritas. Did we regret Absolutely not. This isn't something we did alot.

Authors note..a buzz from a margarita that I made around mid night. YUP,HARDLY DRINK ALCOHOL ANY MORE. I know this was a short one but hope it still was an interesting read. Thank you for continuing to read my stories and adding them to your reading lists for others to read.

The end