The beginning

Rex sat at a table outside of the high school, he was waiting for his friends to get done for the day. He had his guitar resting in his hands, along with his notebook displayed out next to him, he was working on a new song to play at his gig that night.
As he heard the bell ring loud, he put his guitar and notebook away into his guitar case, a low hum escaped his lips as he waited for melody, Sam, Miguel and Eli (hawk)to come out.

As the bell rung Melody sighed, she wasn't ready for another concert tonight as she gathered her books together, as she came up to her locker Sam was already packed up and ready to go. Sam was almost squealing with joy as Mel opened her locker, "You ready for tonight?" Sam chirped as she adjusted her bags slightly. Mel rolled her eyes and sighed again, groaning softly, "Yea, ready for me to get on stage and play with mom and dad while you and Miguel kiss out in the vip room? Oh and not to mention Robby get jealous while he waits for me, again." Mel would shut her locker and put her bag barely on her shoulder as Sam took her hand and practically dragged her outside.

As they walked to the door, Robby was already outside, he noticed Rex and walked over. Rex noticed and tilted his head, "Hey Robby, what's up?" Robby rolled his eyes, leaning on another table across from Rex, grunting softly as he wasn't happy Rex was here, ignoring him.
Rex held back a groan himself and faked a smile, "Hey I'm not doing anything. Just waiting for Mel and the gang before we all have to part ways." Rex wished they would hurry up before Robby laid into him bout something. Rex never told Melody or his father, but he thinks Robby got back into drugs since moving in with Johnny temporarily.

Sam's giggling broke the silence as she dragged Melody out the doors, "Are you ready!? Because we are!!! -well ok I am." Sam looked at Melody and saw how she blushed. Mel looked up at Rex as her face turned bright red, "Hi- Hi-" before she could studded anything else out, Robby stepped between them and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Hey baby, how was your day?" He said, leaning into Mel's neck. Rex would turn away to Sam, hiding the sadness on his face, "Hey Sam. Yes I am ready for the concert and gigs tonight. How was your day?"

Mel's face got even redder as Robby kissed up her jaw to her lips, as she pulled away from the kiss she adjusted her bag, and addressed Sam and Rex, "So yes I am also ready for tonight. I know our dad is coming to get us, Miguel, Eli and Robby... if you wanna join Rex..." Mel gasped softly feeling Robby grip her waist, he tried keeping his mouth shut before saying something. "Why are you inviting him? Let alone looking at him all red?" Robby would spin Mel, keeping his grip on her waist, "He has his own ride..."

Mel nodded and rested her hand on Robby's chest which pissed Rex off, "Jesus rob, why can't you leave her alone? We are allowed to talk and look at each other." Sam's eyes got wide as she looked at Robby, Mel grabbing onto him harder, "no babe, he didn't mean it."
Robby grunted and pulled away from Mel, walking up to his brother, "Say it again, I dare you, she's mine not yours." Rex chuckled and rolled his eyes, "I'm not going after Mel, as adorable as she is, I was stating we are allowed to talk like the adults we are all going to be."
Secretly Rex's heart sank as he saw Melody cower to Robby, almost hiding behind him as she gently pulled Robby away from Rex. Robby growled and turned to Melody, resting his hand just above her ass.
In the distance Miguel and Eli could be heard coming over to join the group, robby rolled his eyes since he never got along with them being the new guy of the group the previous year. Rex greeted them and they exchange hellos. Mel lit up a little and giggled, but stayed next to Robby so she didn't upset him hugging Miguel or Eli.

Robby saw how Rex kept staring at Melody and pulled her further away from him, over to Eli as they talked about shop class and what they built that day. Rex lowered his eyes and frowned as he shook his head, opening his phone and noticed a text from Daniel, "Hey guys, Daniel will be here soon. I don't know why I got the text tho.." he sounded confused as Sam opened her phone, followed by melody, they both shook their heads not having anything.

Robby groaned, "Oh now your dad is texting him, the hell melody." He got up and snatched Rex's phone out of his hand, "hey give that back!" Rex yelled, leaning over Robby to grab it. Robby smirked and threw the phone before elbowing Rex, blood pouring from Rex's nose.
"Stop talking to my girlfriend and her friends and family. You only butted your way in after I moved in." Robby kept his smirk waiting to see if Rex would make a move.
Melody frowned and held back a cry as she picked up Rex's phone, handing it to him. "Robby knock your shit off, I stopped talking to him and didn't go near him til now. So what if my dad texted him? Who cares. Rex is the adult of the group right now and dad knew he would be her-" she was cut off by Robby smacking her, leaving her face stinging, "Don't ever say that again. He is not to look or talk to you again, I made that clear last time. Now get back over by Eli."

Melody got her bearings and walked back over, sitting down, the rest of the group not saying anything as they tried to stay on his good side purely to find a way to get Melody free. Rex groaned, " you know... that's the wrong way to treat a lady... she has done nothing to you." Robby rolled his eyes, "oh yea and you would know? Who says she doesn't like this? Me being her dom while she is a submissive little girl?" He taunted before walking over to melody, ignoring the shock on everyone's faces as he grabbed her chin softly and inspecting her face.

Rex went to say something before Daniel pulled up, he held his breath and cleaned his face up with a towel Sam handed him, nodding his thanks. Daniel noticed, "Hey are you ok Rex?" Rex nodded, "Yea, I'm fine, I'm gonna wait before going anywhere I promise."
Daniel nodded as he ushered the kids into the suv, not seeing melody's red cheek and silent tears. He walked over and talked to Rex quietly, "did Robby do it? I've been suspicious about his behavior..." Rex shook his head, "We just had a disagreement. But it's over now." He assured.
Daniel noticed but nodded, saying their goodbyes Daniel got in the suv and drove to the concert venue, all of them talking about how excited they were to be going or be playing in it.

Once at the concert venue, Melody ran to her dressing room to cover the red mark that quickly developed into a small bruise, Robby trailing behind her still angry. Once inside he closed the door and walked up behind her, leaning into her neck, "Ever talk to me like you did today, and I will punish you. Do you understand?"
Mel gulped softly and looked at her make up brush, "yes daddy..." she teased slightly, as she fixed her make up and leaned into him gently.

As Mel's concert went on, Rex watched vita the families YouTube channel, his heart sunk and hurt for melody dealing with Robby. Once he got home he told his parents what happened, (yes Johnny and Ali are together) they were not happy about Robby elbowing Rex in the face, on top of the hospital bill to fix his nose and canceling a gig.

(Onto the next chapter)