yuri's homage

In the Man's Nest, Yuri sat in the middle of the floor where the Danger Force logo was

In the Man's Nest, Yuri sat in the middle of the floor where the Danger Force logo was. She wore a pastel yellow kimono with an orange obi and beautiful flower pins in her hair.

Before her sat the team, watching her perform her dance. It was a homage dance dedicated to her mother she hoped would return to her someday.

She slowly picked up her fan that laid by her side, and flicked it out to it's full size. Then, she threw it up into the air and caught it elegantly. She stood up and waved the fan slowly as she slowly walked a few steps.

Her eyes met Chapa's, who smiled at her. She returned it and continued her dance, this time she put it up to her face to end it off.

Once she finished, she bowed as the team applauded. "So, how'd I do?" Yuri asked for everyone's thoughts and comments.

"Beautifully done. It was perfect, your mother would be so proud of you, Yuri." Mika complimented.

She smiled and went to go change in her chambers. She entered and immediately changed just into a different and more comfortable kimono. Suddenly, there was a knock on her door.

"Come in." She said and took a seat on her vanity chair. She took out the pins that held her hair up and let her long hair cascade down her back.

In came Chapa, in her hand were flowers, but not just any flowers. They were Yuri's favorite flowers, tulips and roses. She rose from her vanity in shock.

"A-are those for me?" She asked the taller girl, who nodded and sat on her bed . Yuri took the bouquet from Chapa and sniffed the flowers, a look of satisfaction taking over her face.

"They're beautiful, Red." Chapa smiled and stared at Yuri's side profile, taking in every little detail.

"Yuri, I have something to tell you." Chapa nervously played with her fingers before continuing. Yuri put the flowers in a vase on the side of her mirror and she was all ears with a single nod.

"I..I really really like you. Like, more than a friend." Once those words came out of Chapa's mouth, Yuri took a pink fan she had tucked inside her obi and held it to her heart.

"What are you doing?" Chapa questioned. "This means, I like you too." Yuri explained. Chapa chuckled lightly and took Yuri's hands into her own and held them.

"So, what now?" Yuri asked. "We keep it a secret, no one can know. Pinky promise?" Chapa held out her pinky and Yuri held out hers and interlocked them together. "Pinky promise." Yuri said and closed her eyes.

Chapa leaned in and gently kissed her cheek, making the fox's ears pop out. Yuri quickly waved them away and chucked.

This was the beginning of something beautiful. And extremely dangerous.

Love between a superhero and a fox.