nineteen

warning: graphic descriptions of violence + torture, implications of s/a 

also -- I don't describe them torturing her...just the aftermath. I don't feel comfortable writing it more detailed than that. 

if you aren't comfortable with that, please skip this chapter. take care of yourselves lovelies :)

Gojo entered the courthouse the minute it opened in the morning. He didn't sleep at all the previous night, but he didn't care. He had to find you. 

His words came out a bit jumbled, but he was able to get his request out to the receptionist.

"One moment" she says, getting up and leaving her desk to sift through some files.

Every second she took felt like one too many. 

"Here is the record you requested" she says, handing Gojo the file at an incredibly slow pace. It was reminiscent of the sloth clerk in Zootopia

It took every ounce of restraint for Gojo to not rip the file out of her hands prematurely. He holds on to his patience and manages to take it from her politely. 

"Thank you" he mumbles before walking away.

As soon as he rounds the corner, he flips through the file and finds the bottom of the marriage license. He sees the name he wants signs in cursive next to Yuko's name. 

Kenjaku Geto. 

"That bastard!" Satoru says aloud, earning some side eyes from people around the courthouse. 

Almost as if on cue, his phone rings. 

"Hello?"

"Mr. Gojo we got the results from the prints back."

"Who are they from?" Gojo asks eagerly. 

"Kenjaku Geto."

"I fucking knew it. I just found out he married Yuko Okkotsu right before she died" Satoru explains. "I've got the marriage licence in hand right now."

"Aw shit" Naoya replies. "We should have been on that. I'm sorry, her case wasn't my division since it was deemed an overdose."

"It's fine, who cares about that now. Just catch the bastard!"

"We're on it, Mr. Gojo."

Gojo returns the file to the clerk so the detectives can come retrieve it later. Satoru searches the internet for properties Kenjaku owns that might be where he's holding her. All he finds are condos he's renting out. He decides to search another name. Mahito. Kenjaku's best friend. He finds a lone building on an abandoned lot. That has to be it. He types the address into the navigation app on his phone and hurries out to his car. 

He was going to find you. Before it's too late. Satoru curses Kenjaku and Mahito under his breath the whole drive there. The lot was on the outskirts of the city and the land was big enough that even if you screamed at the top of your lungs no one would hear you from the streets. 

He parked his baby blue Porche 911 on the edge of the lot. It looked incredibly out of place to say the least. He reached into the glove compartment and pulled out his glock. He never imagined a day he'd have to use it, but here he was. Gojo wasn't a gun person, per se, he just kept a few here and there for protection. Like one in each of his luxury cars. He stood the risk of getting car jacked and would rather be prepared. 

Satoru took a deep breath and turned off the safety on his gun. He made his way to the abandoned building slowly, in case anyone could see him coming from the windows.