Chapter 2: Familiar Looking

Kelsey

"My dad's helping out in surgery." Liam said as we walked following Scott around the hospital. I still didn't know why were we there and it was really pissing me off. Instead of asking all the time and not receiving answers I decided to stay silence and follow people around. I found out that was the best option a long time ago. "He's not gonna be done for hours." Liam kept trying. He's not used yet. "So we're either hanging out here or we could still go with you guys."

"Show me your hands." Scott stopped waiting for the elevator and looked at him seriously. I could hear Liam's heartbeat go faster as he looked at me nervously. I nodded at him agreeing with Scott. Liam opened his hands which were fists revealing the claw marks and some dry blood on his nails.

"Okay, so I'm still having trouble." Liam looked down at his hands and turned them into fists again.

"No." Scott contradicted him. "You're still learning. What do you do to stay focused on not changing?"

Liam looked at me. I used to help him when he was having trouble with his self-control. It used to work making him look at me but his transformations were more brutal each time. It was impossible to get close to him went he lost it. So he tried with music, it calmed him a little, but not at all.

"But it's not working." Liam told Scott as he also showed him his earphones.

"It's working enough." Scott said but Liam looked like he didn't believe it. "Listen, Derek told me that you were one of the strongest that he'd ever seen at your age."

"Because he hadn't seen Kelsey." Liam interrupted him and Scott placed his hand on his shoulder.

"But, coming from him that means a lot." As he said that the elevator doors opened and he got into it. "Maybe means that things are gonna be harder for you for a while but it also means something else, doesn't it?"

"That I'm really strong?" Liam guessed.

"Hell, yeah."

-

"I'm bored." I groaned as we kept talking around the hospital without doing nothing and not being able to go home because it was raining as hell.

"Well, we only can wait until it stops raining. Or at least until it rains less."

"Ugh, can't we just go through the rain?" After I said that, Liam stopped and looked at me for a minute. "What?"

"What happened to you?" I frowned at what he said as I stopped in front of him. "It's not that I don't like it, I love it. But you used to be... different."

"Well obviously, I am different. People change."

"Yeah, I've noticed." He said pulling me closer by wrapping his arm around my waist. I placed mine on his neck, as I locked looks with him. He started to lean on as we both closed our eyes.

And now he's looking for Scott?

We pulled away, looking at each other confused. It was sheriff Stilinski's voice. And they were talking about Scott.

The rule is you have to kill an Alpha to steal their power, right? I'll bet it's different for Scott.

They were in the room next to us.

You can't steal a True Alpha's power.

I think this guy can.

The last voice we heard was from Parrish. Liam and I looked at each other again.

"We need to warn Scott." I whispered to him as he nodded and we started running.

-

We would have arrived to the Beacon Hills High School faster if it wasn't for the rain. It was hard to see, yet not impossible, due to the fact we were running. Once we got close to the building, the sight started to clear up. We spotted Stiles and Malia in the entrance as we ran towards them. Liam got there before me but before he could say anything Malia turned around and throw him down, pushing him by his chest.