Chapter 23: "I Promise You"

Liam

I felt a burning sensation on the left side of my face. My head hurt and I couldn't move my body. The side of my face hurt again. I opened my eyes and my vision started clarifying. Hayden's fractions were the first thing I saw.

Hayden.

She was alive. All this time she had been alive. But she was different; she was not the same Hayden before she died. I didn't know how and I wanted her to tell me, but somehow she was mad at me. I hadn't done anything; I didn't know why she was mad.

"What are you doing?" I asked once she slapped me again.

"Making sure you're alive."

Not letting her comment affect me too much, I tried to get up, but my body wasn't responding.

"I can't move my legs." I tried to sit down but still I couldn't. "I think my back's broken."

"Will it heal?" She asked me, indifferent.

"Eventually." I mumbled and let out a groan in pain. "I think."

"Good." Hayden turns around to leave me here alone, with my back broken and unable to move.

"Whoa! Where are you going?"

"To find my sister and make sure she's okay."

"You're going to just leave me here?" I asked incredulous. Who was this girl and what had she done with Hayden.

"You pulled me off a cliff." She reminded me. "I'm lucky I healed."

"I saved your life." I reminded her.

"This time."

"Who saved it last time?" I looked at her confused after a pause.

"Theo."

Something inside me hurt. His name echoing in my mind made my blood to boil. He was going to pay. He was turning everyone I knew against me. My pack, my friends... I only had Mason and Kelsey left. He brainwashed Kelsey and now he had done the same with Hayden.

He was going to pay.

Kelsey

I opened my eyes. The first thing I saw were the white hospital sheets. My back hurt from the uncomfortable position I was sleeping in. My eyes were tired and I knew they were puffy. I don't know why I expected to see any difference; everything was the same as it was before I had gone to sleep.

The hospital bed was still empty.

But it wasn't a few hours ago.

It still felt like Lydia was there. I felt her presence. It felt like she was lying down on the bed. I couldn't even get a chance to say goodbye to her. Mom let Eichen house to take her. Take her away from me. Now I was alone. I just wanted someone next to me right now. I needed someone next to me. But I was alone.

Mom didn't answer my calls. I was scared to even go home. I didn't know where Liam was. I didn't know where anyone was. I wanted to go back to sleep and not wake up, I wanted to ignore everything and disappear...

I feel like it's more than guilt though, you know, I feel like I feel like I lost something.

It was Stiles.

I feel like I can't get it back.

He was here. I didn't know if he was mad at me. We hadn't had a proper conversation in a long time. Lots of things have happened in this short period of time. Maybe he had heard something about me. Maybe Theo had told him something. Or maybe Theo had lied about...

"What are you doing here?"

My thoughts were interrupted. I looked over where Stiles' voice had come from. We was standing inside the room, expression less.

"I had nowhere to go." My voice was barely audible.

He never broke eye contact with me and he wasn't replying to my last statement, what made me feel afraid I was right about my doubts.

"Did you know what he was going to do to my father?" He was direct. I sat up straight and looked down before looking back at him a few seconds after.

"I knew where he was taking him." I honestly answered. "I didn't know what he was planning to do." I wish he could hear my heartbeat so I could confirm him I was saying the truth.

He nodded looking away from me, not totally trusting me.

"I also didn't know what he was going to do to Lydia." I added. I didn't pretend to say it out loud, but I did, so I continued once I noticed I had caught Stiles attention. "I wish I had stopped him." Stiles got closer to me. "I wish I had done something after he hit Lydia." My voice cracked but I kept going. "That way nobody would have been hurt."

"Maybe you would have been hurt." He made me look at him confused. I blinked and a tear fell down my cheek. "Maybe if you wouldn't have waited... If you wouldn't have contain yourself so much you wouldn't have been strong enough to confront him."

"Right now, that doesn't seem that bad of an option."

"Don't say that." Without me realizing, he had already arrive to my side and crouch down to my level. "Don't blame yourself. It's not your fault."

"I miss her." Tears started rolling down my face uncontrollably. He pulled my into a hug holding me by my neck.

"I promise you," He said after a few seconds. "Lydia's going to come back." I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him closer as I broke crying.

"I promise you."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry this is so short, but I needed to do it like this so I can section up the episode into two chapters :/

I promise you (See what I did there?) next chapter is going to be way longer, and maybe less depressing than the last ones. 

Please comment/vote if you enjoyed this chapter. I really hope you did :)

And now I'm going to sleep cuz I'm tired AF :)

I'll upload tomorrow! (or maybe on Sunday)

Byee! > Alba