The Gifted Glyph User Luz Noceda!

Wiz: Boomstick, what does home mean to you?

Boomstick: Well, the place I need to pay my rent for. Where me and my kid lives- wait, Wiz, where are you going with this?

Wiz: Well, to our next combatant, that question would be a bit difficult to answer. That is, at first. Meet Luz Noceda, an energetic teen from Gravesfield, Connecticut who was just a little weird compared to her schoolmates.

Background:

Full Name: Luz Noceda

Age: 14

Height: 4'11

Name means "Light" in English

Likes: Fantasy books, anime, Amity

Dislikes: Conforming to the norm, Belos

Boomstick: Which would get her into lots of wacky shenanigans! Like ending up in the principal's office and being taken by her mom into a Summer camp focusing on converting their campers into being less weird! ... Why the hell would they make that-

Wiz: Allegories for queer conversion camps aside, it was a chance meeting with an owl during camp that would change her life forever. Welcome, one and all, to The Boiling Isles in the Demon Realm!

[Some footage later]

Boomstick: Yeah this place wasn't exactly like those fictional fantasy worlds from books that Luz loved so dearly. It was... let's be honest here, it was kinda gross.

Wiz: Ah, but it wasn't all bad, as Luz, due to her knowledge of the Human Realm, would make quick friends with Edalyn Clawthorne, The Owl Lady! The self-proclaimed strongest witch in The Boiling Isles. Who just so happened to be a wanted criminal!

Boomstick: So after escaping a run-in with The Emperor's Coven, pretty much the magic police, Eda took the young Luz into The Owl House, where she would meet Hooty, a talking door ornament who- OH MY GOD WHAT IS HE DOING?! [ahem] And King, the self-proclaimed king of demons, who's also such a cute little guy!

Wiz: And it was here where Luz would learn lots of things about her new home. Like how she wasn't exactly capable of using magic. You see, a witch's magical abilities are derived from a bile sac located at the heart. An organ that Luz didn't have, being from the Human Realm and all.

Boomstick: But another thing she would learn is that she kind of can! Well, not exactly in the way that she hoped for.

Wiz: Ah yes, Glyph Magic. A form of magic forgotten in time, now rediscovered by a child.

[cutaway]

Wiz: This form of magic is derived from the power of the titan the dying body of an island-sized behemoth on which the people of The Boiling Isles reside. Normally cast by drawing certain symbols on really, any surface, the strategic potential of this magic niche is endless. With these, Luz can shoot fireballs or burn objects, create ice pillars and spikes, create vines to grapple around, and even turn completely invisible!

Wiz says this as Boomstick is experimenting with cards with Glyph symbols drawn on them, creating vines, ice pillars, and balls of fire in the palm of his hand. He then pulls out a card with the symbol of a light glyph drawn on it.

Boomstick: Yeah! Wonder what this one is though-

Boomstick activates the glyph, before being blinded by the ball of light emerging from it alongside Wiz.

Wiz: Ah, my eyes!

Boomstick: "Why?!"

[cutaway]