Chapter 6

As I sipped on my wine, Nathan was telling me about a recent gathering with his friends. We had placed our orders, or rather I did for the both of us since he didn't mind. We exchanged pleasant conversation in the mean time, talking about our years in college.

"Yeah, I can't do that again with those animals. I should have left doing keg stands back in college." Nathan grimaced at the memory.

A snort escaped just as I took a swig of my drink. I fought the cough that tried to bubble out afterward and patted my mouth dry with a napkin.

"Oh man, you did a keg stand." I repeated, trying not to laugh too loud.

"Tried to," he corrected with a laugh of his own. "I'm not as in shape as I was when I played rugby in college."

"What are you talking about? You're h-"
I stopped before I embarrassed myself in front of Nathan. After clearing my throat, I began to say, "You still look very much in shape."

Nathan smiled, flashing his perfect teeth. "You're being too kind. Just because we just met doesn't mean you have to be so nice."

This guy can't be real. Does he not know how god damn handsome he is? There's no way. Plenty of people had to have told him, hell, I'm nearly drooling on the table. And he has such a great personality. I'm almost tempted to pinch myself to make sure I'm not in one of my fantasies. Then again, maybe I don't want to be waken up from this one.

"Well, if it makes you feel better, my friends and I had a crazy night back in college that involved a mechanical bull." The fond but horrible night played in my mind. "My best friend Hannah wants to rent one for Nat's Bachelorette party that's coming up soon. So, I can only imagine what could possibly happen now."

"I'd like to see that," Nathan leaned in closer, even more interested than before.

That is a side of me Nathan never wants to see, I can still hear Nat barking at the other women in the cell at the police station.

"I'm afraid it's women only for the party, sorry." I offer an apologetic yet playful smile.

Nathan raised his hands in surrender and perfect timing because our food arrived. We got the same thing, and it looked so delicious. I grabbed the chopsticks skillfully and wasted no time digging in.

Nathan, on the other hand, struggled with his sticks. Didn't look like he quite knew how to use them. I took pity on him and reached over to place the chopsticks in his hand the right way.

"You put this one here, and the other on your thumb, then pinch it together."

He followed my directions and successfully picked up a piece of sushi. Well, for a second he did before it fell back down onto his plate. 

"Maybe you can show me again." Nathan held a lopsided grin with what seemed to be embarrassment.

I leaned forward again with my hands stretched out to his. Then, I noticed where his eyes were staring and followed them to my cleavage. He could see my breasts squished against the table as I leaned. He dropped the sushi on purpose, pretty clever, and perverted.

"Oookay," sitting back in my chair, I gave him a knowing smile. "I think you got it from here."

"Can't blame a man for trying." He started to eat with his chopsticks with little effort. "You're such a gorgeous woman, I couldn't help myself."

"Ha ha, yeah, right."

Nathan paused and screwed up his face as if I said something awful. I'm not used to taking compliments, especially from a gorgeous stranger as Nathan. Almost sounded genuine coming out of his mouth.