Part 1: The Capture

In the city of Tampa, Florida, there was a woman scientist who was also a zoologist, biologist, and geneticist. She was in her mid-thirties. Her name was Irene Hampton. She had long blonde hair, green eyes, stood about 5'6. She wore casual clothes most of the time like t-shirts and long pants on the job while wearing a white lab jacket that was required. She worked alongside a team of over fifty others in her facility.

Irene had always been fascinated by living creatures and how they reproduced. She had studied the majority of creatures on this planet, but now, all across the country, there were news of a new kind of creature that was living in New York City: Gargoyles. She saw the news broadcasts and was instantly fascinated. She had to go to New York to get some and study them, or even one. She planned to bring it back here to Florida. But first, she wanted a place to keep her gargoyle safely.

For months, she had a secure cage prepared for one. The walls were built with solid steel and titanium to make it gargoyle proof. The bars she had on the front were electrified with over two thousand volts. She had a bed and toilet put in there, but that was it for furniture. She would see how sentient the gargoyle was that she captured and work the way up from there. But if there was another thing she was set on, it was also the creation of a new one to study. She also had an outdoor electric fence dome created too.

Once all the preparations were made in this place, Irene and a team of fifteen left of New York City to try to find and get a specimen gargoyle. Irene was also set on trying a new experiment.

..............

When Irene and her team got to New York, they all dressed as ordinary citizens and went about in groups in the city during the daytime to find out what they could about the gargoyles. They asked regular folks on the streets, asking what they knew about gargoyles.

Some of their questions got them connected to the Quarrymen. At least some of them. The questions were of rather how many there were and what they looked like. How many males and females there were of any assumptions. Irene soon met Castaway, and he told her that there were five males that he knew of and two females in the city, and one wingless one that he didn't know what it was. He didn't care either. He just wanted them wiped out. He also gave descriptions of their looks that Irene wanted.

The woman and her team played along that they were gargoyle haters to get the information they wanted. It was just a go with the flow kind of thing but had no plans to harm the gargoyles. They were told of the gargoyles' weakness of turning to stone in the daylight, and the need to protect innocent civilians. It could lure them in easily.

Irene wanted to see that. She told Castaway that she wanted a specimen to dissect. Perhaps one of the males would do better since there were more of them than females. "Only use tranquilizer darts on them. If you can find a few, I want to take my pick. I want them alive." Irene ordered. "I'll give you twenty million dollars for one."

Castaway was intrigued. "Hm. That is a good deal. Their bodies are worth a great deal in the name of science." He sneered. "If not crushed in their statue sleep. We will help you draw some in."

"Good." Irene shook his hand. It was a business deal only. She was secretly disgusted doing business with this guy, but he had good information on what he knew of them. Irene though wanted a gargoyle as soon as possible, alive of course.

............

The clan of New York had only seven gargoyles. They were all different sizes and colors. Goliath was the biggest and strongest and the leader. Angela was the only female of this group and his daughter. Hudson was the eldest. Brooklyn was the second-in-command. Lexington was the smartest one and smallest. Broadway was the chef mostly, but also Angela's mate. And Bronx was their pet and secret weapon sometimes.