Part 3

Brooklyn roared awake in the cage. He felt he was lying down still, but he was now on a softer surface. It was a bed. He stretched his body out and he pushed himself up to examine his new surroundings. He was glad that the blindfold was off his eyes. He didn't want to imagine what life would be like if he was blinded. But it was clear to him that the humans who had kidnapped him hadn't wanted him to see them.

He could see he was in a large cage. It was roomy enough. It was about 70x by 120x size. There was a solid wall behind his bed, and up to twenty bars in front of the cage. When he went up to check the bars out, he looked them up and down first. At first glance, they looked like any normal cage bars. He knew he could tear apart normal bars, but were these electrified?

Irene knew she didn't want her gargoyle harmed. She quickly went to inform him of his error if he tried to get out. He had muscle strength that surpassed human strength.

Brooklyn felt desperate that he wanted to get out of here. He was almost going to poke a finger onto one of the bars to test it, but before he could, a voice stopped him.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." He turned. "Why not?" he demanded.

"Because those bars are electrified by over two thousand volts of electricity. I don't think you want that streaming through your body." Irene explained.

"No, not really." Brooklyn replied.

"You might as well make yourself comfortable, Brooklyn. You're going to be here for a while." Irene declared. She walked over in front of his cage but not too close.

"Who are you anyway?" Brook demanded. He could see this woman was pretty, but he had no intentions of manners of the heart right now.

"My name is Irene." She replied.

"What was done to me last night?"

"Nothing that you wouldn't recover from. But how's your belly?" she asked.

"What about my belly?" Brook looked down at it, putting a hand on it at the mention.

"Do you feel discomfort or anything in the lower section?" Irene asked.

When Brooklyn tried to feel the area, he felt a little tender spot beneath his loincloth. "What did you do to me?!" he demanded angrily.

"Nothing big, but we needed a look at the intestines last night." Irene lied.

"Why? I was perfectly fine without any surgery needed." He glared at her.

"Like I said, tests were needed. But you seem better tonight. I need a look at your belly." Irene declared.

"No. You're not getting anywhere near me. The injury would be healed anyway. My stone sleep heals my injuries." Brook stated.

"Wow. That's really intriguing. You are something special after all." Irene smiled.

"Thanks, but you can't keep me here." Brooklyn declared.

"Brooklyn, even if you got loose, you won't know where you are. You are a long way from home. You're not even in New York anymore." Irene explained.

Brook's eyes widened. He hoped this was a joke. "Tell me you're joking."

"Nope. You're in Tampa, Florida. My hometown." Irene replied. She saw the gargoyle was in shock. "I had you transported here for my research on gargoyles."

Brooklyn couldn't believe this was happening to him. He was all alone in this strange place. He was silent. He wrapped his arms over the other.

"You'll get used to it here." Irene said.