Part 5

It took up two more days and nights for Hagan to finally finish examining and creating two ovums using Brook's genetic code. Two different sperm were also used to fully fertilize them from his sample taken before. The zygotes were now ready.

When Irene came into the cell tonight, she said that she had an injection that Brooklyn needed for an immunity response. "I don't need anything, Irene." Brook stated.

"I'm afraid I must insist." Irene insisted.

Brooklyn backed away from her until he was against the wall. He eyed the needle. He hated needles.

"Brooklyn, it won't harm you, I promise." Irene tried to coax him.

He saw she was trying to be sincere. "Why do I need that?" he asked.

"It's just to test your immunity, alright?" Irene made it up.

"I really don't want to get sick."

"You won't. It's just added antibodies for possible diseases that you may not know of. Now will you cooperate?" She asked of him.

"Fine." He stated as he held out his arm.

"Good. Just one little sting and that's it. It hurts less when you cooperate." Irene stated. She came up and gave Brook the injection. He winced as he felt the needle go in.

Irene then watched him. And it didn't take long to take effect.

"Oh, I don't feel too good. What was in... that?" He demanded as he was getting sleepy.

"Just a little something to make you take a little nap, Brooklyn." Irene replied. She caught him and led him to the bed. He was laid down onto his back. After that, he was out.

That was when Skylar came in with the ultrasound machine again and he cleaned up Brooklyn's belly first after moving the loincloth down and gelled it up and found the spot. He found the womb inside Brook's belly. Irene first injected a small hormone implant into the womb (IUD shaped). Then, there were two six-inch needles that were poked into Brooklyn's stomach and down into the womb where the contents were released.

"There. Now all we can do is wait." Skylar smiled.

"Yeah. I can't wait until he shows symptoms." Irene grinned back proudly. She gave the belly a rub when it was cleaned off again before refastening Brook's belt. He couldn't know about it for the time being.

"You can now show him the dome tomorrow night. For the rest of tonight, let him sleep off the drug." Skylar instructed. "Wait until after he eats tomorrow night."

"Good." Irene replied. "I know he's getting restless in here."

The machine was then wheeled out and they both left the cell, leaving Brooklyn to peacefully sleep. He was being watched on camera though.

Brooklyn soon showed signs of waking up from the drug. He was groggy and felt dizzy in his head. "What happened?" he asked. He sat up, rubbing his head.

When he tried to really sit up on the bed, just sliding to the edge, he thought he felt some discomfort in his lower belly too. He put a hand over it and slid his belt down to take a look. He didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Oh well. He went back to trying to get focused again.

Irene was just glad that the embryos had finally been created and were now inside their father. Only time would tell now.

..............

Brooklyn rested the rest of that night away and was fine the next night after stone sleep. Irene knew that the gargoyle might resent her at this point, if he had known what she had done.