Chapter 2: Admissions, New Class, and S-System

Despite the unfortunate accident, the bus continued at the specified speed and finally arrived at its destination stop. Kirigiri-san, who was sitting next to me, stood up, so I followed her and got off the bus. There were other students from Advanced Nurturing High School following us, including the duo I had seen earlier on the bus.

When we got off the bus, a gate made of interconnected natural stones awaited us. The gate is quite impressive and will take your breath away. It was the same for the other students, and their movement was unstable, showing their anxiety. Well, for the next three years, I will be living without contact with the outside world. It's just that I'm not normal, and the other people's attitude is normal... Or so I thought...

"Shiota-san, would you like to come with me?"

Kirigiri-san asked me, to which I decided to accept the invitation. It would be unnatural for me to refuse her invitation here, especially as we haven't met each other for months.

"Oh, I don't mind."

"Thank you. Let's go then, shall we?"

The lavender-haired girl said that and went through the gate, so I went through the gate too and started walking.

Our first destination was the gymnasium, where there would be an opening entrance ceremony held there, which I wasn't looking forward to. Why? 'Cause it was boring, and sucks.

No offense to say that, but I really disliked the entrance ceremony, because it was so boring. And I think many students would probably feel the same. Imagine that, this ceremony was just basically about the principal and the students exchanging excessive words of gratitude, and there was far too much time spent standing in lines. Plus, with so many irritating things to deal with, it all felt like a really huge pain in the butt.

And that's not all of my complaints about the entrance ceremony. You see, the entrance ceremonies for elementary school, junior high, high school, and even college, they all mean the same thing: The start of another major trial for children.

In order for students to enjoy their time at school, they must make friends, and there are only a few key days after the entrance ceremony to probably do that. Failure to do so signals the beginning of a rather tragic three years.

Perhaps that's the reason why I had lost in thoughts and not paid any attention to anything the principal said at the opening ceremony: Due to the ramblings in my mind and considering all the possibilities I had.

Anyways, the ceremony was over and us students were told that we could go to our designated rooms. Currently, I was walking through the hallway, still accompanying Kirigiri-san, and I noticed that there were many surveillance cameras there. Weird... Is it really necessary to have so many cameras in this school? I really had a bad feeling about this.

"Kirigiri-san, don't you think it is weird and really necessary to have so many surveillance cameras in this school?"

"I noticed them too, and you're right. It felt unnatural, and obviously the amount of surveillance cameras is abnormal... I really have a bad feeling about this..."

"Same..."

After a while, the two of us, along with many students, gathered at a place where there was a school bulletin board. The class classifications were probably posted there.

"Hmmm... I'm in Class B. What about Shiota-san?"

"Same. Class B. Looks like we would be classmates." Replied me "That's good, right?"

"Yeah. For now, let's go to our classroom." Said Kirigiri-san as we headed to our next destination: Class B.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬