chapter 10

CW: f slur

"Wait Johnnie I didn't think you would- i didn't even like it- Wait, why do you even care!” Jake was stammering over what he wanted to say but by the time he had finished speaking he saw Johnnie had walked away. Sugar was sitting at Jake's feet and he watched Johnnie walk off, most likely walking home.

Jake went back inside seeing Tara sitting on the couch with medicine and water holding her head. He sat next to her and she looked up.

“Holy shit you look happy.” Tara said with a giggle. Jake rolled his eyes a bit. “So do you asshole.”  He responded back and Tara furrowed her brows.

“What's wrong? She asked Jake but his head was in his hands. “I fucked up.. Johnnie saw us and he's walking home right now-” he was cut off by tara.

“Dude my house is pretty far from yours you need to go find him! Hell freezes to death!” She said Jake covered her mouth. “Quiet down! You never know who is listening. Also he'll be okay. I gave him my hoodie.” JAke said to Tara  who went back to a low whisper.

“Well you still need to talk to him.” she said. “No, he wants space. I'll talk to him tomorrow. I just don't understand why he got so upset..” Jake said, shaking his leg.

“Same reason you're worried about it.” Tara said, smirking a bit, giggling and Jake blushed quickly defending himself. 

“No- i dont- i dont like him like that..” he said biting the inside of his cheek. 

“Oh come on! It's so obvious!” she got loud again.

“SH! Also, even if i did there's like 0 chance of him liking me back he's like.. Way too pretty..” Jake bit his cheek and tara giggled. “He's wearing your hoodie home when he has his own after arguing with you. He started crying when you kissed a girl.” Tara started listing off things.

“No tara you don't understand, it's not easy!” he said to tara and groaned putting his head in his hands letting a few tears escape his eyes hiding it the best he could.

“Did you get it all on recording?” a voice whispered.

“All of it..” another whispered back out of ear shot from most people. 

“Post it on twitter.” 

Johnnie dug around in the pot outside their house, polling out the spare key and opening the door and fitting with the hoodie he was wearing over his own. He sighed walking into his room, his makeup no longer on his eyes but all over his face. He took off the two jackets he was wearing and put some pants he sleeps in.

He looked back and the hoodies he took of taking jakes. He rolled his eyes and put it on. He felt stupid once again finding this more comforting. He pulled his laptop from the side of his bed and pulled up youtube watching stupid shit he found entertaining.  He sighed spacing out onto the screen. 

“Did I overreact.. Did I really let my own feelings get in the way.. What if I ruined my friendship with jake.. What if he knows I like him now? What if he hates me? What will I do if he hates me now? He said he didn't enjoy it, mabye he was just trying to make me feel better. He's probably sucking face with tara right now..: Johnnie was pulled out of his thoughts when his phone went off. He only had notos on Jake tara and his family.

He picked up his phone seeing jakes icon pop up

Taco bell lover: Johnnie please don't check twitter. 

He was about to pull up twitter when another notification popped up

Sugars mom: don't look at it please this is serious something personal was posted. 

Johnnie rolled his eyes thinking it was a video of Jake and tara kissing or something.

Taco bell lover: It's not what you think it is johnnie i don't feel that way about tara anymore…

The text had 3 dots indicating that it was longer, johnnie has twitter loading but he clicks on the message from jake. 

Taco bell lover: it's not what you think it is i don't feel that way about tara anymore. The video is a private conversation between me and tara about something i want to tell you but i'm not ready some jackass recorded it and posted it please don't. 

Johnnie stared at the text with confusion but as much as he didnt want to he didn't watch the video. He texted Jake back.

Emo ass; alright. I'm not going to worry, I'm not that much of an asshole even though I'm pissed at you. Johnnie sent the text and Jake felt relieved.

Johnnie got on twitter seeing the first thing was the ideo, he didn't play it but he saw the caption

Burner: jake webber is a discusting faggot! Johnnie furrowed his brows but didn't play the video. He made a tweet instead.

Johnnie Guilbert: Let's not leak peops personal life. No I didn't watch that video and I will not and you shouldn't either. Please respect people's boundaries. I am disgusted by whoever did this shame on you. 

He hovered over the post button, he pressed it and put his phone down. He heard somebody walking in it was jake. He sighed walking out of his room seeing jake.

“Hey.. I'm sorry about everything.. I shouldn't have been so protective over it. You're a grown man and you can make your own-'' Johnnie was cut off.

“It's okay and I'm sorry as well are you still wearing my hoodie-” Johnnie flushed and awkwardly retreated back to his room. Jake laughed a bit to himself going into his own room laying down on his bed. He didn't realize it but he started crying. He pulled out his phone and saw the tweet johnnie made he smiled a bit knowing his best friend stood up for him still. 

He started reading comments. Most of them were supportive and kind. Others defended him telling the burner account to take it down. He came across entire paragraphs of people who were just disgusting people. 

He felt more tears form, he know these people were just bad people but it still hurt reading paragraph after paragraph of people calling him a faggot and saying they will never watch him again. 

He put his phone down silently crying in his own room. He didnt even know his own sexuallitly and yet he was outed. He held a pillow squeezing it and using it to muffle his sobs so he wouldn't worry johnnie.