🍁🍁 𝓘 𝔀𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓲𝓽𝓮 🍁🍁

Meetings between Ishaan and Adhithi quickly developed into a regular event for them. Occasionally, Ishaan's friend would come over and greet her. They were now sort of buddies, and when they met, they exchanged a few more words than they had in their first few interactions.

As per usual, Ishaan was meeting Adhithi on his way to work. He had a different agenda for today. He and his buddies had planned to explore the city this weekend. So, he was hoping Adhithi would take up his invitation to join them. He purposefully planned this outing and invited few girls from his friend's group so Adhithi could go without feeling awkward. He was really hoping she'd say yes.

From a distance, he could see Adhithi's figure approaching him with her usual vivid smile, which made his heart race. She was in her casual outfit, a simple kurta paired with pencil pants and handbag she has every day. He was clad in a plain sky-blue shirt and black jeans and a backpack. He reciprocated with his signature smile. She waved her hand as they were within speaking distance.

"Hi..."

"Hey..."

"Have a good day Ish..."

He cut her off, asking, "Are you free this Sunday?"

She was perplexed by his words. Nonetheless, she responded positively.

"Yes......Why?"

"This Sunday, I'm planning an outing with my buddies. So..... I was hoping you might join us as well."

To say she was surprised would be an understatement. She never expected him to invite her on a getaway with his pals. Noticing her silence, he said,

"Oh... don't worry. It's not just men."

Hearing this, Adhithi couldn't help but chuckle. She had never thought about the possibility of Ishaan asking her out on a guys-only outing.

"Ok. Sure."

When she said yes, he was overjoyed and couldn't wait for Sunday to arrive. He felt that the wait was unreasonably long, despite the fact that it was Saturday today. But he couldn't express his feelings on his face. What if he scares her off??

"Ok. That's done. Let's see ya tomorrow. Bye," he said, walking past her before she could read his expression. But to his disbelief, she called him from behind.

"Hey,, Ishaan. I do not have your phone number with me. How are you going to update me on tomorrow?"

"Oh......oh...... My... number...Give me your phone."

Adhithi handed over her phone which he gladly took and typed in his number and gave back her phone.

"Well....call me," he motioned with his hands.

"Ok. Bye, then." She answered and walked ahead.

Ishaan walked towards his friend with a smile plastered on his face.

"Hey, bro..." "What's up with that stupid grin?"

Ishaan responded, "I just gave her my number."

"So?????? Are you new to this?" He asked as if mocking him.

"Technically, yes. This was the first time I desperately wanted someone's phone number.

"You still don't have her number. And... do you like her?"

"I have no idea. But I'd like to know more. She's piqued my interest.

Ishaan's phone buzzed. It was a message.

"It's me. Adhithi. Remember to save my number."

He instantly saved her number and showed his pal his screen.