4. LEAVING FOR ITALY

So guys first of all let me tell y'all.

Sana isn't Sana anymore, now it's Runa!!

Let's start the new chapter with new name and beginning!!

~

"However hard I try to stay away from you,
Your eyes always seems to do the magic and pull me towards you,
Why can't you just let me be and stay away?"

"However hard I try to stay away from you, Your eyes always seems to do the magic and pull me towards you,Why can't you just let me be and stay away?"

Kaira's POV

The next morning when I woke up with a bad headache, he wasn't here. I knew he wouldn't be here but for God knows what reason I thought he will be here.

My head was aching badly and the cuts were stinging too. I don't know what he gave me in my food last night that I didn't woke up whole night. But it was a good thing.

The digital alarm clock showed 8:15 am, a bit too late. I remembered sleeping in late till 10 o'clock or so, in my teenage years, but things changed. Now I usually sleep for maximum 3-4 hours, before my shitty nightmares wakes me up again.

Not wanting to go on that same lane of my dark thoughts, I decided to get up from bed and moved to take a shower before someone comes to call me.

Getting ready in all black clothes, which consisted of black crop hoodie and pair of sweatpants I walked to the mirror to see the reflection of a girl who was dead inside.

Whatever happened in last 3 years changed me to the extent that I don't live anymore, I just survive.

Once there used to be smile on this face, that light up everyone's world. But now, there is no smile. There is not the same Kaira.

Kaira badal gayi hai ab puri tarah.
Aur uss purani Kaira ko koi vapas la sake? Ab tak toh koi aaya nahii zindagi mein.

A bitter chuckle escaped my lips as I looked at my reflection. There's no lie when everyone says I'm a monster now. Because now I am a monster for sure.

Then my eyes noticed the bandaid on my forehead.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror, my thoughts consumed by the events of the previous night. My eyes traced the bandages on my forehead, a constant reminder of Erix's gentle touch as he tended to my wounds. I couldn't help but wonder what it meant, why he had been so caring towards me.

Just as I was lost in thought, a knock on the door broke the spell. I hesitated for a moment before answering it. Hazel and Cristina stood in the hallway, beaming with excitement. "Good morning, sunshine!" Hazel chirped. "We're heading downstairs for breakfast. You coming?"