chapter 21 😅

So far the ride was smooth. That's if you successfully ignore kenji who was complaining about the fact that the seat was ruining his balls.
I feel excited. I can't wait to get there. What will Mika's reaction be. I know I'm fashionably late. I just hope it's not yet time for the dance
Usually the first dance is between the recently paired wolves. That'll be Mika an-

My thoughts were interrupted by my dad abruptly coming to a stop. I almost kissed the driver's seat. Thank God for kenji
"Talk about graceful"
He scoffed
"MIKA'S YOUR MATE!!"
My dad yelled
"We already established that six chapters ago"
Kenji said with an eye roll earning an elbow to the stomach
"Don't say shits like that" I hissed
"So you're telling me"he began totally ignoring us" that my daughter Darlene Anastasia smith is mated to  Mika Chorro soon to be alpha of renaissance pack... SHE'S GONNA BE THE LUNA"
He yelled the last part
" Did this just sink in? "Kenji asked
My dad collapsed in his seat
"She's gonna have sex" he murmured
"Yes sir it's inevitable" kenji told him in a sympathetic look
I feel sorry for him... I don't know why.
My dad let out a sigh starting the car again. He reversed going back the way we came
"Woah slow down dad where are you going the venue is literally three minutes away" I said panicking
"Well I need to protect you".
He said going at a high speed
"What?" Kenji and I yelled
"I'm not letting you go" he said
"Say what now?" Kenji said
"Dad please don't do this"
"I'm sorry I know it's uncomfortable but I'm doing this for you"
"No you're not" I could feel my eyes burning "stop the car now" I yelled
"You have three seconds to stop or I swear you're going into the trunk" kenji growled
"One....Two... Thr-"
"We're here"
My dad yelled jumping out of the car
I looked in the direction he ran and my heart sank
"Dee"
"No"
"Is your dad... Doing what I think he is"
"Kenji can I take you up on that trunk offer"
He began laughing
A minute later my dad came back
If you're guess was a pharmacy and condom
Then yes
" Okay I don't know what size Mika is so I got all "he said throwing the a paper bag on my lap I could not look at it
Kill me now
" I really want to talk about the whole sex thing but I'll probably die from embarrassment and like I said I plan to live a long life but I'm pretty sure you know about it right "
I could only nod
Kill me now .

***********
The only word I can use to describe this venue is breathtaking. The Luna really outdid herself when preparing for this ball. They rented a mansion for it. A BIG ASSED MANSION.... Not like mansions aren't big but you get my drift.
Everything about this place was ethereal and that's saying much because I haven't gone inside
"Dee are you planning on standing there forever?"
Kenji chuckled snapping me out of my thoughts. Choosing to ignore him , I slip my mask on tying it securely at the back. I inhaled letting the cool air wash away my nerves and fear.
"Oi catch" I heard kenji say from behind me . Knowing what  he's talking about I choose to ignore him again making my way Inside.
   All eyes were on me immediately I walked in. I smirked. Poor souls, they're probably trying to figure out who's behind the mask .
I realized two things quickly. One, I was the only one dressed in white. This information boosted my already inflated ego.
Two, Mika wasn't here. I relaxed a bit . I didn't miss his grand entrance.I saw Lisa though and when our eyes connected, I gave her my cruelest smile. My message loud and clear: _im coming for revenge_.
Deciding that I was in need of a drink, I made my way to the refreshment area.

"Darlene?"
Someone said tapping my shoulder. I turned

"Claude" I said in acknowledgement.
"So glad you made it " he said pulling me in for a hug"for a minute or two I didn't recognize you. Heck I didn't expect you to be here, Lisa said you weren't feeling well".
" Did she? "
" Yeah I would ask if your feeling better but you're looking beautiful so that's my answer"he said with a lazy smile. His eyes slowly trailed my body and I had  to stop my self from cringing physically. Gross.
"Where's Benjamin?" I asked to distract him.
"Oh uh" he scanned the hall"there" he pointed to my left. I saw Benjamin talking with some seniors.
"Where's kenji I'm surprised to not see him glued to your hips today"
"Somewhere"
I replied with an eye roll.
He chuckled.
I scanned the room trying to tell Claude that I was no longer interested in the conversation.
But did he get the message?. No.
Luckily, Mika's parents called for our attention. They were the only adults here. They were staying long enough to see Mika find his mate and bless them.
"Ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for" his father paused for dramatic effect eliciting an eye roll from me
" Presenting the soon to be alpha of the Renaissance pack Mika Chorro"

Nothing else mattered when I saw Mika walking down the stairs. I watched him pause mid way taking a deep breathe and he looked in my direction. I forgot how to breathe. Those beautiful red  eyes that were now a liquid gold . I wanted him to burn me with the fire in those eyes.
I took a step forward the same time he does and then he's running in my direction. Eyes only on me .
Halfway through he's intercepted by someone, Lisa. She wraps her arms around him shouting mate. She did not just make a claim on what's mine .
I take a step forward her, ready to rip her off of him by her hair when Mika said the most devastating thing ever.
"My mate" he wrapped his arms around her pulling her closer . "Mate"
I staggered back. What's going on. I'm his mate not her . His wolf confirmed it.
The wolves around us erupted into cheers and howls . They're supposed to be cheering for him and I . Not her .
She turned to me with a smile on her face, the perfect definition of evil. She didn't have to say anything. I could see it clearly on her face. It's funny how we're able to read each other.  Can I read Mika like that,I wondered  so I stared into those red eyes, those eyes that were meant to look at me alone .
"Congratulations son" his parents beamed. I watched the Luna pull her into a hug that  was meant for me
"I knew you were meant for my boy" she said with a proud smile .
That's a lie and they know it .
" I wish you both happiness on this journey together"the alpha said
" Arghh girlll"her friends pulled her into a hug
" Congrats"
" Congratulation"
Claude said" this is awesome man"pulling him into a bro hug .
" You're so lucky" Benjamin said
" They look so perfect together don't you think so Dee" Kourtney asked me.
Not breaking eye contact, I add my sweetest smile for the sweetest backstabbing couple
"Yeah, they're so perfect together" for extra effect I add"they fit like a puzzle"
I saw Mika flinch averting his eyes
" Congratulations" you won I told Lisa
"Now if you'll excuse me I need to look for my love,kenji something tells me he might be lost "I added the love part to spite him and his wolf
" Please tell him  the good news" Lisa said with her sugary sweet smile
" Yeah I will"then I'll get him to take me home.

🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚