[Vol 1] 1.3- Foreword

What's more useless than asking a child about his future aspirations? From being president to becoming a lawyer, doctor, astronaut or entertainer overnight, majors and careers also change countless times.

Kwon Taek Joo's childhood was the same. Even when he entered the university exam room, he never thought he would become an agent of the National Intelligence Agency.

His brother is different. From the beginning he spoke seriously, and his dream remained the same. That is to become a soldier like dad. His mother comforted him when his brother chose a book at his first birthday, then often lamented, "Who would have thought it was a military theory book."

The mother always hoped her two sons would not become soldiers or anything like that. His maternal grandfather, who prioritized family affairs over housework, and her military husband, whom she met early on through his introduction. That's why his mother often said that her whole life she had no memory of sleeping with her legs stretched out. On days when my father went on a business trip, my mother often hugged my two brothers and stayed up all night. She did not want to pass that difficulty on to her children.
But people still say that no child does what their parents want. The older brother eventually ignored his mother's expectations and volunteered to join the Navy only to die in combat. It happened about 10 years ago. Since then, the mother has become almost obsessed with Kwon Taek Joo, her only remaining son. As soon as she took care of her eldest son's funeral, she hugged Kwon Taek Joo and repeatedly begged him not to be like her brother. But even he could not fulfill his mother's wish.

According to the National Intelligence Agency's job regulations, an employee's identity must be kept secret even from family members, including parents. Even if it weren't for that reason, Kwon Taek Joo still couldn't be honest with his mother. She is the one who lost her father, husband and eldest son for the sake of her country. His mother wouldn't be able to bear it any longer if she knew that even the last drop of blood would hold a gun more than chopsticks. She always thought that Kwon Taek Joo was just a low-level civil servant in a small provincial town. His mother would never have expected that Kwon Taek Joo was coming to Moscow as a Japanese citizen.

He closed his eyes, remembering the past, then suddenly took out his phone. Mom's message appeared as expected.

"Son, have a delicious lunch. Do your best today too!"

That inquiry always comes around noon every day. If there is no response, she will contact you right after work hours, so it seems like Kwon Taek Joo will have to send a reply as soon as she lands. It's Monday and there are a lot of civil complaints so l've been very busy, that should be enough of an excuse. Now he has the experience to strengthen his mother's trust.

Kwon Taek Joo checked the time while resetting his phone. It's been nine hours since he boarded the plane. Looking at the remaining distance on the screen, it would take about another hour to get there. Maybe you should check the mask on your face again. Kwon Taek Joo immediately stood up.

Just in time the toilet was empty. He was about to open the door and step in when he heard a noise from somewhere in the economy class seat. Kwon Taek Joo opened the curtain to look at the situation on the other side. A passenger and a flight attendant are arguing. It seems this customer thought the alcohol was free so he drank a lot. Kwon Taek Joo quickly lost interest and went to the bathroom. He locked the door and the overhead light turned on.
He looked at an unfamiliar face reflected in the mirror. The current Kwon Taek Joo is Hiro Sakamoto. Even the ears are modeled after him, only the jet black eyes are Kwon Taek Joo's.

He turned his head back and forth and rubbed the skin on his face, the feeling of the artificial skin was exactly like his own. Kwon Taek Joo smoothed his hair, washed his hands and dried them with a paper towel. As he was about to step out, something suddenly hit the back of the door.