[Vol 1] 4.4- Siberian Railway

Kwon Taek Joo lifted his heavy eyelids. A familiar scene appeared through his side view. The front door was clearly visible ahead, the sound of the train running and even the feeling of the table pressing against my cheek. Feelings awaken little by little as the senses begin to function. His cheeks were wet, and a strong smell of cognac began to creep up from somewhere.

He groaned as he lifted himself up. The table where he had just laid his cheek was wet with wine. Not to mention the empty wine bottles lying there.

Kwon Taek Joo looked around while wiping his wet face. Zhenya was nowhere to be seen. When he tried to move his body, a wine bottle rolling on the floor hit his leg. If you wake up first, you have to clean up. Kwon Taek Joo was dissatisfied for a moment but quickly dismissed it. It's ridiculous to expect humanity or minimal courtesy from Zhenya.

He planned to put the wine bottle and empty glass aside and go into the bathroom. There was a sound of running water inside that he hadn't noticed until now. Is it Zhenya? I don't know if that guy also woke up.

Kwon Taek Joo's whole body was so wet that he really wanted to take a shower first. He looked regretfully at the bathroom door for a moment and then lay down on the bed. Maybe it's because it's been a while since I drank alcohol. His whole body felt as if he had been beaten, his whole body became one with the bed as if nothing could separate it.

The sound of water continued uninterrupted. The stream of water fell to the floor like a lullaby. His eyelids, which had not yet left sleep, were almost unable to open anymore, and his ears gradually became distant. Is Kwon Taek Joo sleeping again? Neglecting work is unacceptable. But his consciousness continuously became blurred, making him unable to bear the feeling of extreme drowsiness.

Soon the bathroom door opened. The strange thing is that the sound of running water never stops. Consciousness sinks deeper and deeper with the body seemingly floating in the air. It feels so strange.

Wet footsteps are getting closer. In a moment, a huge shadow covered Kwon Taek Joo who was lying on the bed. Ah, you have to stand up. He tried to stretch and lift his body, but all he could do was twitch his eyebrows.

His right arm was gently raised. Long fingers with a cold feeling traced the back of his hand and the space between his fingers, as if a snake was licking his hand with its tongue, making Kwon Taek Joo shiver.

"Stupid Zainka."

(Zainka is just rabbit in Russian i find it so cute Zhenya calls him that all the time)

A fishy voice rang in my ears. It's Zhenya's voice. There was a hint of laughter in his breath, but it was as cold as ice, not warm. The hand caressed each finger stopping at the ring finger. The control was so strong that he did not dare to resist. No, his whole body was motionless, as if pressed against a pair of scissors. Instinct signals danger with continuous warning lights.

A familiar sound rang in my ears. The ring finger was grabbed and inserted into something. Kwon Taek Joo tried to pull it out but Zhenya did not let go easily. The man's eyes, which were coldly looking down at the trembling Kwon Taek Joo, suddenly opened wide. At the same time, the cigar cutter holding Kwon Taek Joo's ring finger once again rattled.

"Oh my God!"

Kwon Taek Joo sat up. His vision opened suddenly and a powerful light flooded in. His eyes were red and stinging so he quickly closed them. He hugged his spinning head and took a deep breath. Vision. which had been scattered due to light reflection, gradually returned to normal.

Kwon Taek Joo tremblingly raised his hand. Ten fingers on both hands are intact. The ring finger that Zhenya aimed for was still unharmed.

Just a dream? It was so vivid it made him dizzy. Kwon Taek Joo looked around. The table was still messy, empty wine bottles were still scattered on the floor and the bedsheets were still untidy. Everything was just like in the dream, even the wine stains on his cheeks. The only difference is that smoked cigar butts are piled up on one side of the table. It looked like Zhenya burned the entire cigar in just one puff.
Where has he gone? Kwon Taek Joo looked at the clock. It's time for breakfast. I wonder if he came to the restaurant alone like usual, or is he diligently watching Hong Yeo Wook's movements?