Ch. 18 - AN ADVENTURE INTO DANGER pt. II

▪︎🔥🌆☀️▪︎

▪︎🔥🌆☀️▪︎

- CHAPTER EIGHTEEN -☀️ An Adventure Into Danger pt

☀️ An Adventure Into Danger pt. II ☀️

Eventually Thalia, Thomas and Brenda made their way down the building and into some alleyway. "Hey, you hear that?" Thomas asked as Brenda stopped and sat down making them look at her. "You all right?" Thalia asked as Brenda ripped some piece of cloth before pulling up her pant leg to reveal a bloody bite.

"Shit." Brenda mumbled while Thalia and Thomas looked at her with wide eyes, "Brenda..." Thalia trailed off slightly and Brenda glanced up at them. "Yeah, yeah. I know." She said as she wrapped the cloth around her leg before grabbing her bag and getting up. "Let's just go find Marcus." Brenda said, making Thalia and Thomas glance at each other before following her out the alleyway.

They slowed slightly as they walked out onto a street that had a bunch of people walking around. "Okay. Try to blend in." Brenda said, making Thalia raise her eyebrows slightly as she glanced around, "You say that like we know what normal is." She mumbled.

A second later she felt someone grab her hand making her glance down before looking up at Thomas as he glanced around, probably not even realizing what he did. She stared at him for a moment before taking a deep breath and looking away, keeping her hand in his.

After a few minutes, the three of them walked into an area where there were more people and music coming from the building. "Are you sure this is the place?" Thomas asked but before Brenda could say anything, someone else spoke up.

"You here for the party?" Someone said, making them turn around to see some blonde woman behind them. "Uh, No. We're looking for Marcus. This is his place, isn't it?" Brenda asked, "This is my place." Someone said, making them look over at some man.

"Are you Marcus?" Thalia asked as they walked up to the man, "Marcus doesn't live here anymore." He said. "Do you know where we can find him?" Brenda asked, making him look at her, "Sure, sure. He's over in Zone B." He said and Thomas nodded.

"Okay. What's Zone B?" Thomas asked, "It's where they burn the bodies." The blonde woman said as she leaned in towards Thomas's ear making Thalia give her a dirty look before moving to stand in between the woman and Thomas. "Has anyone else been by here looking for him? Group of kids around our age? They had a girl with them. Dark hair." Thalia asked and the man closed his eyes for a moment.