024| just like this

024|Just like this『"You are a really intimidating woman

024|Just like this
『"You are a really intimidating woman. Do you know that?"
"Been told once or twice."』
+

For the second time in her life, Sabrina awoke on Daryl's chest snuggled tightly into his side. He had a firm grip on her waist, while one of her legs was hooked over his. She could get used to this. Especially when Daryl sensed she was awake and pulled her even closer. She could really get used to this. They'd spent the night talking until finally Sabrina could no longer keep her eyes open. They woke up earlier than usual though, despite their lack of sleep.

"Can we stay here all day?" Sabrina asked, her voice hoarse with sleep. She heard Daryl's chest rumble as he let out a quick snort. 

"Got things to do." He said, brushing a piece of red hair from her face to kiss her temple. "Both of us." 

"Bout time I quit sitting on my ass I suppose." Sabrina sighed, agreeing with his statement. Since the moment Frankie got shot, Sabrina had been a complete mess; reasonably so. That being said, she was slacking in contributing to the group. 

She knew they understood, but that didn't make her feel any less guilty for not being there for them. Sabrina was never one to let others do her job for her. Doing so made her feel guilty, like she could be doing so much more to lessen the burden of others. 

"I'm gonna take a horse, look around the area for Sophia." Daryl told her. His eyes where still closed as he spoke, like he was soaking in every minute of sleep that he could. One of his hands lazily trailed up and down her back. 

"You gonna be okay all alone?" Sabrina questioned, she didn't like the idea of him going off alone but she knew that was what he preferred. Daryl was a lone wolf. 

"Mhm." He grunted, eyes still closed. "Don't worry 'bout me. I'll be fine." 

Sabrina peered up at him, taking in how soft his features where as he slept. She reached her hand up, softly brushing her thumb over his chin. His eyes slowly fluttered open and he peered right back.

"I know," Sabrina relented, leaning her head back down on his chest. "It's just my job to worry about ya." 

"Well don't." Daryl said, hand moving upwards to brush through long locks of red hair. "Got enough goin' on here. I'll be fine." 

"If ya say so," Sabrina said. "Gotta get up though, can't stay here all day." 

"Just giv'me five more minutes Sab." Daryl said turning the two of them so that she was cradled in his chest. Sabrina breathed in his scent, before wrapping her own arm around his waist to pull him even closer. 

"Yeah, I can do that." She murmured into his chest, letting her eyes fall closed once more.

+