Chapter 16 | Final Blow

Third Person

“Now...” Nath’s lips formed a menacing grin on his face as he slowly walked towards the kraken. “Does Rain eat grilled octopus for dinner?”

Hinanda niya ang kaniyang sarili at saka pinokus ang mahika na namumuo sa kaloob looban niya, habang ang kaniyang kamay ay nagliliyab sa matinding apoy ng kaniyang mahika.

With fire dancing in his eyes, he launched himself at the nearest tentacle. Ang apoy na nagmumula sa kaniyang mga palad ay humaba at nag-anyong isang matalim na espada na gawa sa apoy.

He swept his arms with precision, slicing through the kraken’s rubbery limb. Ang naputol na tentacle ay pumilipit ng marahas sa sahig habang bumubulwak ang itim na dugo mula rito, filling the air with a foul stench.

Mabilis ang kilos ni Nath habang iniiwasan ang isa pang hampas mula sa ibang tentacle. His body was a blur of motion as he swiftly moved around. He darted forward, every step leaving scorched footprints on the marble floor as his eyes focused on the next target.

One by one, he attacked the thrashing limbs, cutting them away with arcs of searing heat that left the air vibrating with energy.

Fueled by adrenaline, Nathaniel spotted an opening. Mas lalo pang lumakas ang mahika na nanggagaling sa kaniya, dahilan para mas lumakas ang init ng kaniyang mga apoy. Halos tumaas ang temperatura ng buong paligid nang dahil doon.

He’s like an erupted volcano that destroys everything that comes across him.

The main body of the kraken, a grotesque, bulbous head with glaring, hateful eyes, was momentarily unguarded. Seizing the moment, Nath sprinted towards it, using the uneven piles of rubble and debris as footholds.

Mabilis niyang inakyat ang katawan ng kraken, gamit ang mga umuurong na mga braso nito para itulak ang kaniyang sarili palapit sa mukha nito.

Just as he positioned himself above the kraken’s head, preparing to strike a powerful blow, the creature’s eyes locked onto him. In a frantic, pain-fueled reaction, the kraken emitted a deafening roar, more piercing and thunderous than any before.

“Shit…!”

The sound wave blasted out with such force that it felt like a physical blow, nearly bursting Nath’s eardrums with its intensity.

Nang dahil doon ay mabilis siyang napatakip sa kaniyang mga tenga, habang ang kaniyang konsentrasyon ay tuluyan ng nabasag. The unexpected assault threw him off balance, and he found himself hurtling through the air uncontrollably.

“Ugh!”

His body slammed against the lobby floor with a painful thud, the impact knocking the wind out of him. Disoriented and ringing in his ears, he struggled to regain his senses as his vision blurred and his body ached from the fall.