2 Haunted Manor

I didn't sleep at all last night. I don't believe in curses. The fact that I don't believe in them means someone is trying to kill me. The chandelier must have been rigged.

It's hard to focus on everyone that was there at the time because everything was a blur. The only people I remember were the guests and Rayna.

There are no new clues on who tried to set up the chandelier. The maintenance men all say that it was an accident but I know better.

Someone is trying to kill me and they clean up their messes well. If it wasn't for Rayna I would be hurt badly or worse killed.

My mother believes in the curse and wants me to quit. What she doesn't understand is as long as I have these letters I'm on someone's hit list. The killer probably thinks I know too much already.

I decided to come to work early so I could investigate the foyer of the mansion. As soon as I enter the mansion I see Dylan my manager talking to a few new recruits. "Hey, Jill!" Dylan says excited to see me.

I wave and give him a happy to see him smile. He dismisses himself from the recruits and comes over to speak with me. "Hanging in there, kid?" Dylan asks his face showing concern. His crystal blue eyes shone in the candlelight with a friendly gleam.

"I'm fine. Accidents happen yeah know? It could of been worse I'm sure." I give him a sad look because I was referring to Shannon. Drowning is a horrible death. He returns the same look I gave him.

"What happened to Shannon was a tragedy." I just nod and look away because I don't want to cry. He reaches over and rubs my back.

"It's still fresh so the hurt will be a constant nagging feeling but it will dull with time. You will be able to look back and think of her without all the sorrow. If you ever need an ear you know I'm here for you."

"I know Dylan, thanks you're a good friend," He pulls back his arm and pokes my dimple. We both smile.

"You're on tours today, You get to have all the fun." He winks.

"You know I prefer tours. Besides the graveyard, it's one of the most fun jobs in the park."

"Let me introduce you to someone. Shawn come over here." He waves him over with his arm.

"Shawn you will be shadowing Jillian," he slaps him on the back. "Shawn worked in the boat ride but wanted to change here since a position freed up. He was the first person I thought of. Shannon was his close friend so you both have that in common. You can show him the ropes and teach him the dialog."

I look at Shawn's face and he does look familiar but I never knew him as being a close friend to Shannon. She has never mentioned him and I never saw them together.

Shawn's eyes are pitch black and are looking at me with an icy glare. The look gives me a chill down my spine. If Dylan is in his beginning thirties then this guy looks around his middle twenties. The first round of tours is going to be starting soon.

I notice Rayna is running up the hill out front she is crying and her eyes are red. Dylan is outside the entrance and opens his arms for her. She instantly runs into them.

I watch as he pats the back of her head. Jealousy is tugging on my insides. I want to be the one she runs to so I could console her. Are they dating?

As far as men go Dylan is typically attractive. He has platinum blonde hair crystal blue eyes and tattoos all along his neck and arms.

His build is muscular although he isn't too tall he is around the same height as Rayna. I'm guessing they are both around 5'10". Rayna is a little bit shorter but you can hardly tell.