1.4

1:04 pm

Seraphine and Ant stood in their house doorway waving their parents off. They watch the pristine white car drive off down the street before closing the door with a satisfying slam. The pair faced one another the mischievous glint in their eyes. "So, dear sister what plans do you have for the day?" Ant pushed her shoulder lightly as they made their way to the open living room sitting beside one another on the plush sofa. "Oh the usual, studying, reading just being an exceptional student." Ant let out an obnoxious snort turning on the PlayStation ready up to play whatever game seemed most interesting.

It had been an hour or so since their parents left, Sera and Ant taking turns at the shooting game on the screen, their takeaway lunch scattered on the table. She watched her twin reach a new high score cheering in excitement. It was moments like this that Sera loved. The twins had always been close, sharing the 'twin telepathy' people mocked them for. Ant had been there for everything that she went through and vice versa. they were just best friends and no one could separate that bond from them. Sera was knocked out of her deep thoughts by an urgent text from Darren she unlocked her phone reading the message.

Daddy D:

Meet at the rooftop, I need help <3

S Baby:

WTF, are you ok??

Daddy D:

yeah just don't be angry k xx

Sera stood up abruptly running up the stairs to her room, she got changed knowing the group would head to the cemetery later. She sorted through clothes landing on some baggy low-cut jeans and a simple black crop top, throwing one of Ant's button-ups over the top knowing how Sydney weather was. She stuffed what she needed into her bag heading down the stairs. "Raging early are we little miss?" Ant leaned over the back of the couch watching his sister lace her Converse. "Not just yet, Darren texted they needed me, but I'll meet you at the cemetery yeah?" Ant nodded turning back to his game as she ran out the door, she started the walk to their spot.

2:10 pm

Sera rushed up the dingy stairs to the abandoned rooftop opening the heavy metal door. She took off her headphones, her eyes instantly drifting to a 3rd party that she knew all too well. "It's bad, isn't it? Like irreversible bad?" She spoke up, "Darren shaved off both their eyebrows once, and they grew back. Luckily" The group faced the brunette, Amerie looking away ashamed. Quinni grabbed her hand dragging her over to the others. Darren gave the girl a side hug whereas Amerie couldn't even look the other in the eye. "Why did Harper punch you in the face?" "I don't really know." "You must have done something." "We went to a music festival last week, and after that, she just went ghost."

She listened absent-mindedly to Quinni and Amerie talk, leaning her back on the building's metal railing, she pulled her pink vape out of the front pocket of her crossbody taking a long hit, letting the nicotine and strawberry fill her lungs. "So you got into a fight?" Sera spoke tilting her head at Amerie, she nodded softly finally looking at the girl "Yeah, but I can't remember what it was about, we always fight." The other three nodded "When's Harper's birthday?" Amerie turned her head to Darren quizzically "November 21." "Uh-huh. Scorpio. Unsubscribe. "What's yours?" She took another hit, tilting her head back and blowing the smoke towards the sky. "I'm a Virgo." "Mmm, I'm an Aquarius, Quinni's a Libra, and Miss Seraphine, is a Pisces" Amerie gave Darren a toothy grin, "Are we compatible?" Darren look down at the girl holding their hand over their chest acting insulted "Not all queer people are astrology experts." Amerie looked down muttering a sorry, Sera just snickered shaking her head at Darren. "I'm kidding, we are. I'm going to need your time of birth because if you are a Leo Moon, I'm not messing with you."

Quinni leaned on the trolley looking at Amerie intensely, "Do you feel sad?" Amerie nodded a soft yes as her response. "What do feel saddest about? That you're no longer popular, Harper doesn't want to be friends, everyone knows you did the map, or that we're all in sex prison now? Or-" Sera grabbed Quinnis hand shaking her head no, silently telling her now wasn't the time. Quinni faced Amerie again jumping when an idea came to the ginger girl "Try scream therapy!" Amerie looked confused "You scream your frustrations to the moon" Amerie laughed saying no. She helped Amerie out of the trolley dragging her to the railing where she previously stood, "Yes! you should it's helped me and Quinni loads." She motioned for Amerie to scream her frustrations to the world. Amerie let out an intense sigh, breathing in deeply "My best friend dumped me! damn, that actually felt good." nudging her silently saying 'told you so' Darren was next facing their body to the world "I'm a reject!" "I have a lazy kebab vagina!" the three turned to Sera awaiting her frustration, she let out a breath she was holding. She gripped the metal bar "I wish my mum was proud of me!"

She smiled softly putting her arms around Quinnis shoulders, "Quinni, I'm really sorry about that, I should never have put it on the map, Spider's a lying dick." Amerie gave the smaller girl a sincere smile "Oh. It's okay, I'm not upset about it anymore. I just wanted to know if my flaps were too big." Sera rested her head On Quinnis shoulder, "I don't think they can ever be too big Quin" Quinni nodded, going on about her research. "I'll still look at them if you want me to." "Nah, I'm good." Quinni shrugged breaking away from Sera's embrace. Darren turned their attention towards Amerie "I used to think you were a bitch, but getting knocked off your high horse really suits you." the girls smiled nodding in agreement "Make the most of it, I'm definitely changing schools. Everyone hates me." Sera grabbed Amerie's hand giving it a soft squeeze. "Well we don't hate you" Amerie matched her smile giving the brunette a hand squeeze in return. "So how about the cemetery yeah?" She questioned her head turning to Darren and quinni. Amerie broke away shaking her head like a maniac "No way!" She faced her holding her should "Why not? You can go strut your stuff and let everyone know you don't give a fuck!" Darren showed up at Sera's side smiling brightly "Come on, you've got both your eyebrows, a non-shit fringe. What else do you need?" The three gave Amerie wide smiles watching her nod slowly. They screamed and hollered in excitement "Let's get mad!"

Seraphine was used to just the three of them but, she wasn't so angry about a fourth joining their world.

Word Count: 1996