1.5

10:33

Sera rushed to her locker already running late for her class, shivers still coursing threw her, that Chook character really was not a great character. She opened her locker when a little white slip of paper fell from her locker to her feet. Bending down to pick it up she unfolded the delicate paper reading inside.

'didn't see you this morning, hope you're ok. see you at the assembly xx"

Under the messy handwriting was the shittiest drawing of a spider shed ever laid her eyes on, but she nevertheless smiled at the effort. grabbing her overly large textbook for science she made her way to class beaming with excitement for when she'd see her boyfriend next.

2:01 pm

Sera and Ant entered the gymnasium talking enthusiastically with one another about some show they'd started together, she looked around while still distantly listening to Ant rant about the show when she caught sight of Spider who was in a rather deep conversation with Coach Voss. The blonde nodded along to what the older man was saying his face twisting into a look of determination and agreement. Ant ushered Sera to a seat and she made sure to leave an open spot for Spider next to her. After they sat the tall blonde approached them and Spider noticed the questioning face on the smaller brunette.

"What were you and Coach Voss talking about?" Sera asked a sour look on her face, she didn't trust the man and didn't like how he seemed to be manipulating Spider into doing whatever it was the Coach was doing. Spider just sat down next to his girlfriend "Just footy stuff" he pressed a soft kiss to her temple telling her not to worry about it before turning his attention to the stage. But Sera wasn't convinced, not one bit.

"Being a school captain is a huge responsibility. It requires leadership, caring for other people." The gynamsium was silent all intensely listening along to Prinicpal Woodsy's schpeal all about what it takes to be school captain. "The very well-being of our students is in their hands. This year, we've only had one, uh, candidate come forward. Well done, Sasha. So I would like to encourage you all to be brave and throw your hat in the ring and give it a go." Woodsy gestured towards Sasha who nodded with a bright smile, Sera rolled her eyes, Sashas policies were fine, but the way the girl expected them was infuriating to Seraphine. 

"Wait!" Seraphine jumped on her seat, her brown eyes drifting to Spider, he cleared his throat awkwardly. Sera gaped like a fish out of water, she looked to Ant who was just as confused. "I'm gonna run" he continued before standing up abruptly, "Okay. Well done, Spencer, if you'd like to..." he didn't even let Miss Woodsy finish before he stood up on his sit causing Sera to jolt in her seat, he held a bright pink dildo to his lips, where the fuck did it even come from, before turning and addressing the sea of students. 

"Do you feel forgotten...unseen, left behind, or worse," He made his way to the stage, stepping on the seats and no doubt on people as he made his way closer to the stage "Do you feel...like you can't even breathe...for fear of getting cancelled?" Sera sunk in her seat holding her face in her hands, she could feel her face turning red as Spider kept going on his rant Spider jumped onto the wooden floor of the stage, the loud stomp echoing through the room.

 "People like Sasha So have made me feel like I'm responsible for the world's problems for far too long now." Sasha tried snatching the dildo claiming it was disrespectful, "And I'm sick of it. People can say what they want about me. But what you see is what you get." The crowd started whooping, and from the bass of it, it was mainly from the boys in the year level, "the cancelled, to take back the power. It's time to be unapologetic about who we really are." He looked to the crowd with a dazzling smile "So vote for me, Spencer White, if you want a real leader." The crowd erupted into cheers, Sera looked at Ant who was clapping and smiling Sera just had a bewildered expression turning back to the stage, she made eye contact with Spider who sent her a cheeky wink as he kept that same smile.

"Okay. Thank you so much, Spencer." Suddenly Sera noticed a body stand from the corner of her eyes, she shifted her eyes to Amerie, "I'm gonna run too!" Am spoke, and Sera broke into a big smile, Amerie looked to Sera who gave her a little thumbs up for encouragement. Amerie approached the stage snatching the dildo from Spider's grip and holding it up to her, "doubt many of you would want to vote for me. And I get it, I've let a lot of people down, even in the last day, I think I've pissed off about 20 of you..." Sasha started to argue with Principal Woodsy as Amerie continued. "...but I think that's what makes me the best candidate because I wanna be better. I want to make it up to you all and I will work five times harder than anyone else to do it. I will prove that I can be a good person. Plus who'd want these two dickheads as school captains? They want this for themselves, not you, for their own egos. So... vote one. Amerie Wadia. Hartley High's biggest fick-up. Let me make it up to you." 

The room was dead silent all except for Seraphine who shot to her feet clapping excitedly and cheering for Amerie, then Quinni, then Darren and Harper. Spider snatched back the dildo glaring at Amerie. "Thank you, Amerie. Everybody, our three candidates for school captains of Hartley High."

3:06 pm

Sera held Quinnis's hand tightly as they jumped down the stairs talking about Amerie's election, "So, we'll be your campaign managers, but you're gonna have to choose a vice." Darren started looking to Amerie who was beaming with excitement, "I was thinking Quinni" The girl stopped tugging Seraphine to a stop "Seriously?" the ginger girl asked looking to Amerie who nodded "I reckon you'll be amazing" Quinni nodded enthusiastically throwing Sera and her hands around, Seraphine laughed at Quinnis excitement equally as happy for her friend. 

"What the hell?" Amerie halted their movements looking at Amerie, "What is it Am?" Sera questioned tilting her head at the girl. They all looked at Amerie's phone, a black and white photo of her with red text surrounding it, "You don't get to be the hero. Bird Psycho." Quinni read out the words as they all looked between the phone and Amerie. "Did this happen just now?" Quinni asked toying with her hair nervously, "Wait, so they're after you now?" Harper stared at the phone, as the light went off in Amerie's head.

"No. No, they were always after me. Harps the ibis that was on my bag, the one that I lent you, it's got my name on it." Amerie folded the top of the bag 'Amerie Wadia' was written clear as day in the faded white text. "Then the mynah bird, that was my house. Whoever this is, they wanna bring me down." Amerie put her phone down staring blankly ahead "So it really isn't chook," Sera said looking at Am. "We would've seen him in the hall. Whoever sent this was in assembly just now. Bird Psycho's out to get Amerie. And they go to this school!" Quinni stated Sera nodded in agreement, and the sudden chime of phones went out echoing through the courtyard, everyone around them pulled out their phones giggling and looking in the group's direction. Seraphine's phone pinged as she pulled it out and the same photo appeared on her screen. "Who at Hartley hates me this much?" Amerie asked with a defeated expression.

What an exciting term this was going to be.

Word Count: 1339