Chapter XXIV: Monarch of Witchcraft (1)

Matthew gritted his teeth as he felt blood building in his throat.

The thin green strands of magic flowing around Susana became translucent and blurred as Matthew's sense stat fell.

He glared at Susana as a wooden staff grew from the floor, which she snapped from its stem.

Matthew pulsed blew for a moment as he shot forward in a blur; activating Sanri's skill.

[MP: 101/101 > 81/101]

The witch hardly had time to react as Matthew thrust his spear forward.

Susana quickly held a fist in front of her chest as a wall of wooden branches erupted across the floor between them.

Matthew shattered the branches with ease, but it gave the witch just enough time to leap backwards.

"I'm surprised you aren't dead on the spot." The witch said as she raised her staff above her head.

Matthew looked up just in time to leap backwards as several sharp roots grew from the ceiling and planted themselves- quite literally- into the floor where Matthew had been standing.

He shattered another branch with his spear as it came towards him before the large moss-covered trunk of a tree swung down like a pendulum at him.

The moss exploded into spores as the trunk collided with his torso, sending him flying throw the wall of the hut and tumbling into the grass.

[HP: 50/250 > 30/250]

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

[You have been poisoned by 'Marrow-moss Spores']

[Strength has been reduced by 5 for 1 hour]

***

[You have entered the 'Witch Wood']

[Stats will gradually fall the longer you stay in the 'Witch Wood']

[All stats temporarily reduced by 1]

[Maximum HP reduced to 245]

[Maximum MP reduced to 99]

***

[Faith has been excluded from this hex]

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Susana stepped to the hole in the wall as Matthew got to his feet.

"Heal." he mumbled. Golden wisps of wind flowed from his mouth and flowed to his torso. Skin and bone melded back together as the golden wisps acted as stitching to tie them together.

[MP: 81/99 > 45/99]

[HP: 30/245 > 245/245]

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

[Effects of 'Haze Sap' has been cured]

[Sense 38 > 43]

[Effects of 'Marrow-Moss' has been cured]

[Strength 36 > 42]

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"A healing skill? That's annoying." Susana complained. Her staff began to radiate thin wisps of green magic. "But hexes and poisons aren't all I have."

The wisps of magic spread outward like a spider's web and coiled around the trunks of trees.

The wood cracked as ridged forms began to emerge from the bark.