7. Is he lying?

Aera's pov

Im finally getting discharged from the hospital while jake's helping me pack my stuff.

I sigh as i sit on the hospital bed fiddling with my fingers. "Jake...."

He hums in response shifting all his attention to her. "Do you think that guy had to do something with the threat we or maybe was it him that threw it through my window?" I anxiously wait for his answer as he keeps staring at me.

"Could be , but we aren't sure about it so lets not talk about that" he passes me a small smile and picks up my bag walking towards the door as i hold his wrist . I hesitate asking him the question thats been lingering on my mind as he patiently waits for me to speak.

Is he hiding something from me?

Did he really turn that guy in to the police?

Why doesnt he let me go there then?

He's more tense and busy nowadays but doesnt share the reason?

As long as i know jake wouldnt lie to me but what actually is going on and why isnt he letting me out of his sight for a even a mere minute?

"Ummm jake can i ask you question?" He nods his head putting down the bag. "I know you're worried about me but why arent you letting me see that guy? Who is he? What does he want? Did you really turn him in?You are not letting me visit the hideout. Why? Is there something you are hiding from me these past 10 days?" I ask him all in one breath as he sighs heavily looking tired.

"Aera , we talked about this, everything's fine so you dont need to worry or meet that guy , I'll handle it and about the hideout we have some work going on so i cant let you go there hm?" He softly pushes the strands away from my face but i frown instead and push his hand away.

"I dont know why jake but i feel like you are lying to me about certain things and i dont like this tense attitude of your's anymore . What is going on tell me please" i plead him one last time as he clenches his jaw in frustration clearly irked by my repetitive questions.

"Choi aera can you please stop...." He warns me as his voice becomes deeper with frustration.

"Jake please let me-" "ENOUGH AERA!" he suddenly yells at me making me flinch and go numb at my spot." I've heard enough from you , im trying to keep you away from danger , specially the abandoned areas around the hideout ! and you still want to meet the person who almost killed you !? Are you out of your damn mind!? WHY CANT YOU LISTEN TO ME FOR ONCE !? FOR GOD SAKE STOP!" He pants heavily anger rising within him.

I cant control it anymore , my warm tears fall down my cheeks as I silently cry . His gaze immediately softens as he tries to touch me but i show him my palm stopping him right there.

"Its fine , sorry for bothering you , i should've listened to you before hand , lets just go home." I quickly grab the bag and leave the room as he rushes towards me matching my pace trying to talk to me while i dont reply him..

Me and jake never argued like this and he never ever raised his voice in such a scary manner ....

There's definitely something he's hiding....

And i'll find it out myself....

_________________________________________________________________

Jakes pov

The whole car ride was awkward and dead silent as none of us spoke after the argument. I regret yelling at her , it wasnt even her fault , she just wanted to clear her doubts . But i guess it's for the better if she doesnt know , she hates it when anyone lies to her , specially anyone of us...