Chapter Two: "Dark humor, am i right?"

-

-

Talon looked down at his bruised knuckles. His parents are surely going to start some stupid argument about him fighting again.

Surely, those idiots had it coming. They should've just apologized to him, but no, They decided to mock him and laugh instead.

In truth, his reason to start that fight was valid, and everyone else was just stuck up tight asses that just wanted to ruin his life.

The first day of school wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either, at least not for Talon.

Josie seemed to enjoy the first day of school. She had quickly made friends with Wes and his friends.

She had all but dragged Talon to the group during lunchtime. He sat far away from them, ignoring them.

Obviously, Josie had to include him in conversations and not wanting to embarrass his sister , he gave short answers back, only to her and not anyone else.

It wasn't like he didn't want to make friends, but he didn't really want to make friends.

After lunch he didn't really see much of joise and her new friends and after school ended, he didn't want to go home just yet.

He knew what awaited when he got home. He didn't want to be yelled at, and he certainly didn't want to agrue with his parents, at least, not sober.

Which is why he was at the bar, with a fake ID and everything.

He was barely drinking his first beer when he sensed someone's presence next to him, and he glanced beside him and saw one of Joises new friends.

He looked away from her and drank his beer, ignoring her.

"So, you like to fight and drink. What are you, the bad boy type? " Talon glanced at the girl beside him, but he didn't reply back.

"I'm Liv, by the way," she introduced herself, "you aren't much of a chatter box, are you?"

Liv shrugged and took his beer, "That's fine. We can play pool in silence."

Talon narrowed his eyes at her, reaching for his beer, but Liv held it away from him.

"You got a fake ID, I don't." Liv told him, and Talon rolled his eyes before he ordered another beer.

As soon as he got his beer, his arm was grabbed, and he was pulled over towards the pool tables, where the rest of Josie new friends were chatting and laughing.

"Look, who i found! He's getting us free beer tonight." Liv announced with a grin, releasing Talon's arm as she went over and kissed Chad on the cheek.

"Tal, what are you doing here?" Josie questioned, and Talon looked at her.

"I could ask you the same thing." He replied,

"Mom knows I'm here, and she obviously doesn't care, said she was at bars when she was our age." Josie responded with a small shrug

"You have a fake ID?" Wes questioned, and Talon looked at him, taking a sip of his beer but not replying.

"He made himself a fake ID for his fifteen birthday, "Josie answered, "he made good money making fake id's for people. It was actually a good business until our mom busted him."

"What happened to your dad?" Mindy suddenly questioned,

"Mindy." Chad said in a warning tone,

"What? They haven't mentioned their father yet, I'm just curious as to what role he plays in their life." Mindy defended herself.

"He died," Talon spoke up, and everyone looked at him while Josie shook her head, "rather tragically. He was coming back from work when he was crushed by a semi-truck, died instantly."

".. one of our dads is a stay at home dad, and our other dad works in something. Sorry, Talon likes to make up stories about our parents dying, dark humor, am I right?" Joise said, with an awkward laugh.

Talon grabbed a pool stick, "it happened once in my dream.." he smirked, "I was the one driving the semi truck."

Josie nudged him in the ribs with her elbow.

"That's just the way he jokes." She said, and Talon looked at the group with a small grin on his face, and he shook his head.

"No, I'm not." He mouthed, and joise whacked him in the back of the head.

"So, you have two dads and a mom? How does that work?" Chad genuinely questioned

"Poly- relationship, technically, Talon and I are half silbings." Joise replied,

"Doesn't question it. Just go with it." Talon muttered, seeing a familiar person from the corner of his eye.

He's never really met him in person, but he did some research on his dad's families.

Vince Schneider. His cousin.

An arm was settled on his shoulder, "That's Vince Schneider," It was Mindy

"His mom is the sister of Stu Macher, one of the first original Ghostface, till this day, he hasn't been seen along with Billy loomis, the other original Ghostface." Mindy told him,

Talon shrugged her arm off,

"Billy loomis and Stu Macher, why do those names sound familiar?" Josie questioned,

Talon rolled his eyes. Obviously, if she had never heard their mother call their fathers by their given names, then Josie might be more in her own world than he thought.

"I've heard mom say those names before, on the phone." Josie remembered,

"Ooh, really? Do tell." Mindy said, with a grin.

"She was speaking with some guy, but I didn't get a name." Josie replied with a shrug.

"That's cause you are always in dream land, Josie," Talon spoke, "I need something stronger than beer."

He walked away from them before they could say anything.

Mindy turned to Josie, "Say, what was your mother's name again?"

"Taylen Stark." Josie replied, and Mindy's eyes widened

"No way! Taylen Stark? As in one of the original survivors of the woodsboro murders along with my uncle Randy meeks? Why didn't you say that sooner?" Mindy asked

"Uh, because I didn't know my mom survived something like that, sure, she's pretty badass, but I never thought she survived a mass serial killer calling themselves Ghostface." Joise told her, frowning.

Why didn't her mother tell her something that was important?

"Did you know that Tatum riley actually gave Ghostface their name..."

🔪

1033 Words

Thoughts?