Chapter four: No place to rest.

At first I was surprised, confused and afraid, then the memories of yesterday began to flit through my mind. They probably just went out to look for a petrol station, which Lesley and Nora weren't aware of.

       "I'm calling mum and dad and everybody." Nora said, dialing a number on her phone. I snatched it from Nora's hand.
       "Relax Nora, or aren't you aware that if you call mum or dad, they would believe we're to young and can't do anything or go anywhere ourselves. They would come to pick us from here and all our hopes of going camping would be shattered. Just relax, they probably went to look for fue- something." I said.
      "How can you be so calm in a situation like this?" Lesley asked.
     "Like I said they probably went out."
     "You know something, that we don't know." Lesley said staring at me intently.
     "I said I don't know anything. Fine sue me for trying to calm you guys." I said, standing up and making my way to the kitchen.

     I was really hungry and needed food in my belly, before I think of handling those two- Lesley and Nora. They followed me to the kitchen.
     "What are you up to now?" Lesley asked.
     "What does it look like."
     Lesley moved closer and said
     "Nicole, I'm sorry if I falsely accused you of anything you didn't do. I only said all those things because I was tensed and worried."
     "It's ok, I understand I'm also worried." I said, placing three small loaves of bread on a tray with three cups of tea.
     "How about we eat now, later if we don't see Helen and Dave we can call our parents."

5:00 p.m.
I was wrong Helen and Dave didn't show up. We took our baths after eating, then watched a movie to pass time 'till five pm and still no sight of Helen and Dave. I was beginning to get worried because, looking for a petrol station shouldn't take a whole day right?
     "You guys I think we should probably check outside for Helen and Dave." I said grimly.

     We checked the whole camper once again and went outside to check round the camper but we didn't find them.
Nora began having a panic attack and was gasping for air. I might have forgotten to tell you, Nora gets panic attacks over little things but, right now the situation at hand certainly wasn't little. Lesley and I led Nora into the camper to coax her and calm her down, we gave her, her pills and eventually she calmed down.

7:00 p.m.
At this point, we came to the realization that Helen and Dave are missing and we shouldn't be expecting them to come back pretty soon. We gave Nora some sleeping pills, so she can sleep away her worries.
     "Hey Nicole, see what I found." Lesley said walking out of the driver's seat with two phones. "Helen and Dave's phone." I mean who in their right mind, leaves their phone and walks into a forest? Just asking by the  way. We unlocked the phones - there were no passwords, but the sad part was there were no clues or helpful contacts on the phone.
     "What do we do?" Lesley asked.                "Let's call our parents." I said.
      Lesley and I called our parents to tell them the situation at hand. They were extremely worried and devastated, promising to track us down to wherever we were.

10:00 p.m.
Me and Lesley couldn't sleep, so we took turns. Lesley would sleep from seven o'clock to two o'clock, while I would be on the lookout - you know for safety, then from two o'clock to nine o'clock in the morning I would sleep while Lesley would be on the lookout.

     Whilst I was on the lookout, I received a message from the unknown number, I groaned in frustration because even if I asked who it was, the person would end up ignoring me. I opened the message anyways
     "I told you not to go into that dangerous night. This is only the beginning."
     "I know you won't reply this question I'm about asking but, I would still ask anyways. Please can you explain to me what is going on." I asked.
     " I would explain all you need to know tomorrow or the day after tomorrow."
     "Why not now, I'm confused. Do you know anything about Helen and Dave."
     "Like I said, I would explain all you need to know tomorrow or the day after tomorrow." The person replied and went offline.

     I decided to go on Instagram to distract myself before two o'clock. Once it was two o'clock I woke Lesley up and drifted into sleep.

                         *********

"I can't believe Helen and Dave just disappeared, leaving us in the forest." Nora said.
     Nora woke up a little calmer this morning, due to the pills we gave her yesterday.
     "Today, we're going to look for help or any place we can escape to." I said taking a bite of my bread.

     After eating breakfast, we took our bath, and left the camper to seek for help. We walked down the road for five minutes, we didn't see any house or even a soul - the place was vacant? After walking for quite a while, almost an hour, we realized we were walking in circles. There wasn't a single life in this place except from us, not even bird flew around or perched on trees.

     After walking for almost another hour, we decided to go back to our camper van because the only thing we saw were trees. We walked back to the spot we left our camper but it wasn't there. We moved further down the road,  it was still nowhere to be found. By now, it was six pm and we still couldn't find the camper. It was like it disappeared - not like it disappeared, it did disappeared and we had no place to rest or even stay.

Where the heck is our camper?
.
.
.
.
.
Author's note.
Hello 👐
How was this chapter. Hope you enjoyed it.

This chapter is dedicated to DreLeonwrites and _midewrites_ for being among the first people to read and comment. Thank you so much ❤.

Please don't forget to comment, vote and share. Thank you.