CHAPTER - 3

His answer was - "No.. I was not even available here 2 months ago i don't even know what night and all are you talking about and who are you? "

I was in shock because how could this be even possible... he was right next to me staring at the sky, now he said he was not even available here... it couldn't be dream and even not a person from my dream would exist in a reality that was the first time I saw him...
I could not process all this information at once. it's just so confusing.

Then suddenly he snapped his finger and asked- "are you there? "

I took a second to reply and said- "Are you sure you were not in this city and never met me in your life? "

He replied with a straight face- "Why would you think that I will waste my time and joke with you... I said so then it meant I was not in this city. "

I nodded because I don't know. Something was off. It felt like everything was brand new to me. There was this person who made me feel things I didn't even know I could feel. I was really attracted to a man for the first time ever, and I admired him a lot. But then, out of nowhere, he acted like he didn't even know me. It was really tough to take. My heart went from being full of admiration to broken into pieces because he didn't feel the same way and I just said - "Nvm.. maybe I took you for someone else. SORRY! "
I couldn't say further as it was still hard for me to process all this.

With a mere nod and a whispered reassurance of "It's okay," he glided past me as though I were but a fleeting shadow in his path. In that brief exchange, a gulf opened up between us, echoing with the silence of unspoken words and unfulfilled hopes. His passing left me stranded in a sea of unanswered questions, adrift in a tempest of emotions that threatened to engulf me whole.

I was in utter shock and could not accept the fact that he doesn't remember anything from that night... That night is still registered as a fixed image in my mind that is the most beautiful memory for me and the person with whom I experienced this moment doesn't remember even one moment from that precious night.

I was just standing at the entrance blindly as if the earth just stopped revolving as it doesn't make sense to me at all, how can he forget all about that night.
The silence broke as my phone rang.. it was my father. I picked up the call and he asked me - "Dear.. are you okay... if you want you can go back because I just saw you standing at the entrance alone"
I saw him standing at the railing of the 7th floor and replied- "Dad i just don't feel good so I will just go back home... but if you need my help then I will just come to you"

He replied- "No... no just go back and rest. Okay! if you need anything just call me and if you feel like you want to talk to me just call me and I will come to you... Okay! so take care. Byee dear! "

I said bye and hung up.

I went back home while controlling my tears.

As I entered the home Mom wasn't there so she must have gone out for work... I just went to my room, locked the room and slipped into my bed.

                 ---ON THE OTHER HAND---
The man's POV-
I told my Secretary to get out of my cabin. I was wondering about what the girl was talking about. I don't know but I feel like something is missing like there is something I don't know.

Just then my friend "AKSHAT" entered and said Yoo! Wassup? He was not close to me as I never opened up with him. He tried with all his might to get close to me and be that one friend everyone needs in their life but I was never interactive and rarely had anyone who was close to me Or any person I opened up with me.
Still, keeping everything aside he is one of the person I can rely on and I know that somewhere in my heart.

I replied with low energy- "nothing much... you say what cooking? "
He asked - "Same here but what happened to you?"

I said - "I met a girl today and she said we spent time together at night 2 months ago but I was not even in the city 2 months ago so how is this possible? "

The expression of Akshat suddenly changed... he was worried and started stammering - " I think she just mistook you for someone else"

I replied- "Um.. okay. But I feel like I have met her before but i just can't remember anything or maybe I just feel like this randomly"

He said - "Yeah... obviously this isn't even possible so forget about it"

I was still wondering if I ever met her.