CHAPTER - 10

Someone once said - "The first step on the way to victory is to recognize the enemy."

So I will do anything to learn about her to know what harm she can do to me and my business. That's what preparing well means.

After a while Karan entered in the cabin
"What happened sir? You look tensed.. " Karans asked, concerned.

"I am trying to find some details about Ayesha Singhania but there are not much details available about her. " I replied

"But why are you trying to dig out the details about her? " Karan asked curiously.

"I never thought that she would come up in front of me to compete and protect her father. I knew that she would confront but stepping up to be the CEO is not what I imagined. " I replied.

"I told you already, you don't have any idea how far a daughter can go to protect and maintain the respect of her father. And a fierce daughter on her way to protect her father's position is more dangerous than anyone can imagine." Karan stated.

"Well, I appreciate it but i can't let my guards down. I need to be well prepared. " I said.

"Anyone who she will love will be very lucky.. Don't you think so? " Karan said.

"Must be. But who cares, for now we need to focus on our business. So get back to work and inform me if you get any information regarding her. " I said.

"Okay okay sir. " Karan nodded and went outside.

I hope this rivalry does not take any other turn.

         -- Female lead POV--

I came back home. I just came to my room and jumped on my bed. Naina went to meet her parents.
I am just tired after a long day. This wasn't what I expected at all. For the first time ever I liked a man but that too turned out to be my biggest enemy. Now I can't just look at him the way I did that night.

𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙣𝙤𝙬.

Someone knocked on my door. I stood up to open the door. It was DAD.

"What happened dad? " I asked.

"Can I come in? " He asked.

"Why not? Let's talk inside. " I replied
with a gentle smile.
We both sat down on the couch.

"I wanted to ask that are you sure about being the CEO? Because I have been asking you to join the company but you never agreed and now suddenly this, so is there a reason behind this? " He furrowed.

"No dad, no special reason. I just feel like I am ready now. I was not sure before if I could handle all of these but now I think I can do it if you are by my side. And how long can I run away from my responsibilities. " I answered.

I didn't want to tell him about what all happened because he will be worried and will do everything to protect me but this time I want to protect him. I want to see him smile and laugh a little more.

"Well that's true too. So, don't worry. I will always be there to guide you and pick you up when you fall down. " He smiled widely.

"Yeap, I know you are always there for me. " I smiled.

"Now the world will get to see a my daughter in a new avtar and conquer everything. I can't wait to see you as the CEO" He chuckled.

"Yeah, now it's the time for the world to know who AYESHA SINGHANIA is. " I giggled.

He took me into his embrace and I felt the warmth in his arm. I ruffled through my hair. We didn't said anything because the silence was too loud. I know how proud he is right now.

Neither of us uttered a single word for those 5 minutes and let the silence speak.
He stood up and gave a smile or assurance that no matter what he is always there for me. He went to prepare everything as his only daughter is going to enter his world.

After a while, I got a call from an unknown number. I answered.

"Hello, am I speaking to Miss. Ayesha singhania? "
I recognized the voice. The voice I can recognize even in the crowd of 1000s of people. It's him Ayaan Malhotra. I can never forget his voice so I immediately responded-
"Yess, Mr. Ayaan Malhotra. "

"Wow! I am surprised you recognized my voice just after one meeting. I must have been influencing and attractive. " He said.

"Yeah why not, I remember the faces and voice of those who I hate the most in the world and obviously you top that list" I replied.

"Glad to hear that. I want you to hate me to the lengths that you would destroy yourself while destroying me. I am waiting for that day. " He said.

"I ain't fragile like you and I am not afraid to fall down because I know how to rise up. So you should be beware. Who knows, someone who is trying to take someone's else position might end up losing his own. " I stated.

"Are you sure you can compete me. You don't even know what I can do and how far I can go. " He replied.

"You think I can't compete with you when you don't even know what I am capable of? And I may not know all your moves yet, but I'm confident I can keep up. After all, surprises make the competition all the more exciting, don't they?" I replied with a confident smile on my face.

"Absolutely, and I thrive on challenges. So, let's see what surprises you have in store. Game on!"

"I am ready. Game on! "

I hung up the call.

I feel like this competition is gonna be fun and full of challenges. Now, my only goal is to watch him fall down on his knees in front me. I will do anything to make him do that.

               --- Male lead POV---

I didn't knew she is this much confident. I thought she just said all of that in the cabin earlier out of rage but I could sense that she is just going to do anything to fail me.

I assumed it right that she is gonna be tough girl. After all, she has a strong support system behind her, 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮. Most importantly her father. And I cannot turn a blind eye to the fact that he is a great business man to hold his position constantly after ups and downs. His reputation is what I admire and what I want to achieve. Many people respect him and the one top that list is her daughter only so it will be hard for me to break her apart.

I cannot deny the fact that a daughter can do anything for her father and can fight the whole world. I wish I also had someone to protect like this.

My dad Rajveer Malhotra never stood by my side and supported me. He wanted me to carry out his family profession DOCTOR and handle his hospital but I never developed interest in being a doctor although I respect them deeply.

I have always admired architects and Interior designers. They do everything to make our dream house a reality that's why I became one.

But my dad never understood this. He hasn't spoken to me for years and I feel like a empty can now. I didn't get the love, appreciation and respect from my own family so I didn't expect it from someone else too.

My mom also doesn't like the fact that I became an architect and didn't fulfilled my dad's dream but she talks to me over phone sometimes. Rest, my family only calls me when they need me and never shows up when I need them.

𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙖𝙘𝙘𝙚𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩.

I could feel a tear rolling down my cheeks and I immediately wiped it. I never ever want to become emotionally weak.

Now I just need to think about how to beat her in this competition. I have to focus on this only and I cannot afford to waver at this very moment.

The only thing I can say with confidence is  𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚, 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛.

Meanwhile, A notification popped up on my phone and my eyes widened!!!