CHAPTER - 8

As we kept thinking about him more and more, I started to wonder what else he was hiding. There must be more surprises waiting for us in the complicated world of business secrets.

Just when me and dad were in deep thoughts, Mom called - "Hey dear, I have got good news for you."

"Woah, finally good news. What is it? Tell me fast.."

"Come home. It's waiting for you here only"

"Damn. You surely know how to make me run home fast. I will be there. Wait for me."
I hanged up the phone.

"Dad.. Are you gonna come home too? " I asked

"Sorry dear, I can't.. I still have some work and meetings to attend" Dad answered.

"Oh okayy... Just don't worry and have a good day ahead" I giggled.

"Sure sure... You too. Take caree."

"Byee dad"

"Byee dear"

I went down to the parking lot and started the car engine.
I just couldn't't wait to reach home. I was wondering about this good news and I finally reached home. I just ran to the door and went inside.

It was all dark. I couldn't see anything and just then someone said "finally you are here" a familiar voice shattered the silence.
It was HER. Nainaaa...My person, my Doraemon, my confidante ... It's my bestie or more like my sister.

I replied in this dark room "Yes I am finally here" And laughed a little.

The lights turned on. A girl was standing right in front of me with her back on to me. She turned around and came running over to me and embraced me. Tears mingled with laughter as we embraced, the weight of separation dissipating in the warmth of our shared embrace. I could feel her whining in my arms silently.

She is my childhood best friend with whom I spent my school and college years together. She was always with me and offered her hand whenever I was at my lowest. Due to so much work, she had to go abroad for almost 2 years and only we know how much we suffered without each other even though we were always in contact. I finally got to be with my best friend again, now I could hug her, irritate her, travel with her and do everything again.

After a brief moment, we faced each other and started laughing after seeing our faces. The room was so lively and filled with laughter.

I smiled and just slid the note into my pocket. "Let's go Naina.. I have so much to tell you"

"You both go to your room. I will send some snacks for both of you" My mom said with a cute smile on her face.

We both went over to my room. We talked for almost an hour.
Then I remembered about that man and told about him to Naina - "You remember about that man I told you about? "

"The one you met on that night and he refused to recognize you. Right? " She answered.

"Yess. That man. I saw him today. He was going into the building of that client with whom our company was planning to do the project. "

"Oh yeah. That unethical client. Maybe he had some business with that client. "

"I don't know about that. But as you know it's not easy to reach that client. I could only conclude that he is also a very influential and rich man. "

"I am sure about it... But why is it bothering you? Do you have any other doubts? " Naina asked.

"I don't have much doubt but idk why I feel like he has something to do with the deal that the client locked with someone else... Or maybe if he is also in this same business of Architecture then it is possible that the client locked that deal with him. " I answered while Furrowing my brows.

"Now that you have mentioned. I think it is possible. Well, you said your dad would look into him so maybe ask him if he did.. "

"Oh. Yeah. I forgot about it. Let me call Dad" Naina nodded. I called my dad. After two rings he picked up the call.
I asked him - "Dad, are you busy right now? "

"I have my meeting in 15 mins. So I have some time. Say what happened dear."

"Dad, actually I wanted to ask about that man I told you about. You said you would look into him. So, did you find something about him? "

"Oh, that man. Yeah, I forgot to check the mail. Wait!"

"Okay dad"

"I checked it just now. His name is Ayaan Malhotra. He is also in the same business as us. He returned from America 4 months ago only and is trying to set up his business here. Then this means he is the one who locked the deal with those clients. " Dad replied.

"Perhaps.. But don't worry dad. We will look into this matter later. You should focus on the meeting" I assured him.

"Okay dear, you too don't worry and be calm. Byee. " Dad said.

"Ohh.. Okay, Dad. Thank you so much! Love you"

"Love you too" He hung up.

As the phone was on speaker Naina also heard everything. We both looked at each other and gradually everything started making sense. It was he who did all this.

The only thing left was that some dots were not connecting. Why did he refuse to recognize me? Why did he take the deal like that? What exactly happened in those 2 months?