Mission 3: New Recruits

After the destruction of my shop, again. I was able to at least get in it and dig through the rubble grabbing some things. Among them were two weapons I kept from my Temen-ni-gru which were Cerberus and Agni & Ruda. Thankfully the twins haven't spoken since our battle. Digging further through I lifted some boulders where my desk was to see a cracked picture frame. Picking it up I looked at the photo with a sad smile. Taking the back out I folded up the photo sliding it into my jacket before dropping The frame back onto the ground. Looking around at the destruction I couldn't help but hear the mouth full that Morrison is going to give me. Might as well get this over with.

"Got everything?", Megan said, floating behind me.

"Yep, thanks for the help, beautiful", I said, stepping down from the rubble. She was helping with her telekinesis, lifting some rubble out of the way. Without her I might have not been able to get in. After that we linked up with the rest of her team.

"Have everything you need Dante?", Aqualad asked me.

"yeah, all set but I need to make a call first. Not looking forward to this one", I said walking over to a phone booth. Picking up the phone and leaning on the box I reached into my Jacket.

Grabbing some coins I slid them in before punching in the number. Letting it ring I laid my head against my arm kind of hoping he wouldn't pick up. Who am I kidding? he usually always answers. Sure enough the phone was picked up by him.

"Hey Morrison, it's Dante*sigh*", I said, scratching my head.

"What'd you do?"

"Didn't do anything, had some demons show up in the shop again"

"Is it still standing?". Right after he said that part of the building fell again making a noise loud enough for Morrison to hear. Great.

"I'll take that noise as a no. Jeez Dante, I don't know any kid your age who's this in debt except for possibly illegal gamblers"

"Well maybe we can use money from the Artemis devil arm. Still looking for a buyer?"

"Yes but I may have found someone interested in it. Should have enough to fix the shop off and pay some of your debt. Where are you going to be staying because you're certainly not staying at my place"

"Don't worry, I got it covered. Also I'll call you when I get a number you can reach me. until then", i said throwing the phone back onto the booth hanging up.

"Everything ok?", Robin asked.

"yeah, just some annoyances. Now, show this home of yours", I said, pushing off the phone booth.

They took the lead while I followed closely with my hands in my pocket. Sadly both my guitar cases, with one having an actual guitar, were smashed so I had to have my sword rebellion on my back. Usually I carry it in a case while I'm out and about to hide it. Guy with a sword on his back stands out and brings unwanted attention and questions. Had the cops called on me once while on a job because of it. Easier to have it stored in a guitar case to avoid trouble. Soon we came to an alley with a dead end.

"So, how exactly are we getting to your group's place? sure a wall isn't the entrance like harry potter". Without a response Robin walked up as a small slot opened where he put his hand having it scanned. Afterward the wall pushed in before moving to the side to show what seems to be a safe house. Walking in I could see supplies from weapons, medical supplies, a few cots for sleeping, and a small kitchen.

"If this is your guy's place I expected bigger"

"Trust me, you haven't seen anything yet", Robin said walking up to a panel. Pressing some buttons a portal of yellow energy opened up. The others walked through with me following them.