chapter 1 [new town]

The room was dark even with the curtains open, the sky full of ever darkening grey clouds.            it was eerily quite in the house, which was unusual. I paid no attention as I tried to focus on searching the newspaper for job vacancy until the familiar sound of a beer bottle breaking and my parents shouting and screaming slice the once quite room.

i tried to keep focus on the newspaper in front of me, but my eyes began to fill up with tears.

"focus y/n, you can do this" I tried to reassure myself, I really tried but the noise of my parents was getting ever lounder and I can feel the tension downstairs rising.

"i cant live like this anymore" I grab the landline I dialled In my friend number.

"hello? Mia speaking" the familiar tone of my friend voice soothed me. 

"hey Mia, it y/n I was wondering if I could stay at yours for a bit until I move out"

"oh y/n, are your parents fighting again and of course you can stay" Mia asked 

"it getting worse Mia, the fighting is getting worse by the day and I can't live like this anymore?

"sweetheart I come get you now, it take me 25-30 minutes until I can get there, is that okay" her voice reassured my ever growing anxiety  

"yes that's fine I'll start packing a bag" I hung up the phone

i rushed across the room and start throwing clothes and my personal belongs into a bag and I made sure to put ted the teddy bear in as well.

it felt like forever while I waited another beer bottle smashed as I sat on my bed watching the clouds finally give way to the rain. 

a few second later i heard a car pull up on the drive and a car horn beep twice. 

I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs past my parent shouting for me to get back, i ran out into the freezing rain a slammed the door behide me and rushed into Mia's car.  

"oh my gosh are you okay?" Mia frantically put my belongs into the back of the car "I think I'm okay now can we please leave this forsaken town" I  plead to her 

"of course we can" she gave me a reassuring smile and began reversed the car out of the drive and we began the long drive to the next town over 

"so what are your plans now?" she asked while she focus on the rain filled roads ahead.

"well, I've been looking for job vacancy but so far I had no luck"  I sigh and looked out the passenger window and traced the racing raindrops with my finger.

"where did you look?" 

"I look in *insert home town* newspaper" i dejectedly told her  

"I know a guy who has a waitress vacancy if you interested" she explained. 

"ooh yes please, where is it?" i excitedly asked.

"its at Doze Café which i think you'll be a great addition" she smiled reassuringly at me 

"yeah I'll give it a go" i smiled back at her

"ill give dawn doze a call a soon as we get back" she told me 

the rest of the journey we mindlessly gossips about life until she pulled up to a apartment complex.

"hey, we here" she did jazz hands and she quickly got out of the car.

I slowly hopped out and grabbed my belongs and followed Mia into the building

she opened the door for me and i walked into the lobby and was met with a doorman

"hey henry, this is my friend that I told you about, who staying with me for the time being" Mia explained.

"okay please, can you fill in these forms in for me" he hands me some paperwork. 

"yeah sure," I took the papers and quickly filled out the forms and given them back to him. 

"okay, you free to come in" he unlocked the door and Mia lend me to the elevator.

"why is the doorman so strict?" I questioned Mia.

"I'll tell you later, first let head to my flat" she seem hesitant but she quickly pressed the button for the third floor. the elevator music was seemly cheerful as we awkwardly waited as the elevator door shut and the lift began to move up toward the third floor. 

the door opened at the third floor and Mia step out and i quickly followed suit. she took out her keys and unlocked the first door on the floor. 

"welcome to my humble abode" she welcomed me to her flat and showed me around, eventual she lead me to the quest room.

"here where you'll be staying" she opend the door

the room was small but it will do for the time being I put my belong down on the chair

"okay, I'll think I turn off for the day, thank you again for let me stay." I told her I really did apricated her effort. 

"I'll ring dawn and i will let you know what he says when you wake up."

"Okay, good night Mia" i yawned and shut the door and laid in the bed  drifted of to mindless sleep.  

A/n thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed, let me know what you guys think of the story so far and if you have any future suggestion, comment or dm 

word count: 883