2: We Knew Someday That We Would Have Regrets

Jennie has just finished retouching her make-up and was spritzing her favorite perfume when Lisa's girlfriend came to the apartment. Lisa proudly introduced her to Jennie.

The woman was cheery, charming and very chatty. Okay, the girl was pretty, too. She's thin and had a nice tan that suited her dirty blonde hair. In just the first five minutes of meeting her, Jennie already learned about how, when, where did Honey and Lisa meet. In Honey's extended version, it sounded like kismet. Honey just broke up with her ex-girlfriend, and according to her talking to Lisa helped her easily moved on. I bet, Jennie thinks. the blonde even gotten quite emotional and looked like she was about to tear up when she said that. And Lisa was eating it all up. Jennie realized her friend looks smitten.

She also realized that she dislike Lisa's girlfriend, and that's putting it mildly.

There's something sketchy about the woman. When Jennie asked about where did Honey grew up, the woman deflected and talked about how much she liked Lisa's outfit.

"You look hot, love. That jacket alone costs a fortune! Good thing you're loaded." Jennie's eyebrows shot up when instead of getting put out like she normally does when someone was that tacky, Lisa grinned and looked pleased about the half-compliment.

"I must agree, you look gorgeous as always, Lis." Jennie added, with emphasis on as always. Hers was a sincere compliment, she wanted to add that it has nothing to do with the jacket but she thinks that would be laying it thick.

"I know, I'm the hottest, okay?" Lisa even twirled finishing with a slight bow. Goofy grin plastered on her face.

Lisa's always been a likeable person. People are drawn to her. Maybe it was because she knew how to appear self-deprecating and modest even if she was bragging and say dorky things.

And there was that sense of humor. The first time they talked was for a school project. The Thai was a new transfer student back then, a math whiz and was already a funny kid. Jennie laughed the whole time they were in Jisoo's room doing that Math project, because of Lisa's antics. Lisa was the ball of sunshine of their group.

She was drawn to Lisa from the start, that was a fact. And Lisa felt the same thing. They have the same sense of humor. And even after college, where a lot of their common friends got busy with their own lives-some went abroad for work or got married, they remain friends together with Jisoo. Well, except for the last seven months, of course.

Another thing, Jennie was surprised how Honey was already familiar (too familiar if she'd be totally honest) and at ease wandering around Lisa's place. While loudly recounting how the new lovers' relationship developed, which really an increasingly uninteresting topic for Jennie, the blonde went straight to Lisa's bedroom closet, picked one of Lisa's jacket put it on then asked the Thai if she can borrow one as an afterthought. Lisa was all smiles nodding enthusiastically, completely engrossed listening about her own meet-cute story. The heck was that? This girl's audacity to touch someone else's belonging was getting on her nerves. But Lisa, the girlfriend who should say something, was fine with it, so why was Jennie the one getting annoyed? Those weren't her things to be protective of. And it's not like she didn't borrow things from Lisa before. The woman has an impressive wardrobe collection of clothes and shoes. How was that any different than Honey wearing Lisa's things? Was she just being unfair to the blonde?

Whatever.

She eyed Honey's hand that snaked around Lisa's right arm as they ride the elevator going down the building car park. Jennie was a step behind the two, so she saw how Honey also clasped the Thai's hand with hers in a tight grasp.

Possessive much? You don't even look together. She's way too god for you, blondie.

Jennie stilled. Why was she being like this? She tried to mentally shake that thought form her head. Maybe she was just like that because she's protective of Lisa. Always has been. And since she realized how much she missed Lisa after their falling out, it's bound for her to feel a little bit genitive of her friend's attention.