5. Awkward Encounter

.
.
.
Xichen was sitting in the library and reading some books related to maps and the history of Gusu. The only thing he wanted to know was how they could solve the Xui sect's problem. Although he had already come across quite good solutions, he was still reading more books to have additional backup plans.

Xichen was a calm and composed Alpha; from his childhood, he had received love from his mother and father. When Wangji was born, he became very happy to see his little cute brother. After finishing his classes with his uncle, he always comes to visit his brother. With his mother and brother, they roam in the bamboo forest every day. Sometimes, if there is no duty, his father also joins them. These were great memories until two years later when all the misfortune happened and his mother had to seclude herself in the Jingshi. His father also secluded himself in the forest.

His mother had taken a promise from him to take care of Wangji, and he did. At an early age, he became the only support Wangji had, but after the death of his mother, Wangji changed himself. Still, he tried his best to be there for his brother.

As he was reading, he heard footsteps coming towards him. He moved his head and saw Xui Ching approaching. Xui Ching bowed and greeted him. "Zewujun! I hope I am not disturbing you."
Xichen smiled politely and responded, "No, Xui Ching, please tell me how I can assist you." Xui Ching had already noticed that Zewujun was reading a book on Gusu maps, so he became curious and asked, "Are you studying this book for our sect's problem?" He moved closer and sat beside him. "Thank you so much, Zewujun, for considering to help us."

As Xichen watched how this boy approached him and sat beside him, he observed the boy's natural smile and closely examined his features. The boy was quite young, with small eyes, a sharp nose, chubby cheeks, and light pink lips. Xichen found himself staring at the boy continuously.

Xichen looked back at his book to distract himself, feeling his ears turning red down to his neck. How could he shamelessly stare at this younger boy? He recited Lan rules in his mind to refocus.

Ching noticed Xichen's staring and also blushed, trying to avoid the awkward moment by looking at other books and asking questions related to them. They spent some time together and eventually left the library.

********
Xui Ren saw Wangji heading somewhere, so she called out to him and approached him. She asked him to accompany her on a tour around the town area as she needed to buy a few things. Wangji did not refuse, as he was also heading towards Ciayi town.

They both walked silently towards town. Only, Ren asked Wangji questions about places and things, to which he responded with nods, single-word answers, and occasionally a short four-word sentence.

They reached the town and explored the shops. Ren was so excited to buy things. She got a few jade necklaces for herself and her mother. For her older brother and father, she bought a woolen craft scarf and a jade pendant for her younger brother.

As the day was ending, they returned to Cloud Recesses. Upon their return, she thanked him and was about to confess her feelings. At that moment, Quiren and Xichen arrived, and Wangji and Ren bowed to them.

Quiren asked, "Are you ready for tomorrow's travel?" He received a nod in response and continued, "Take a few disciples with you. Please remember that male omegas are very fragile. You must do your best to win Wuxian's heart."Saying this, Quiren hesitated, and Wangji's red ears showed he was embarrassed. But he answered with dedication, "I will try my best there, will take care of him for my lifetime. He will be mine, and I am his. Wangji promises."

Xichen was quite surprised to hear his brother speak so many words at once, and the same went for Quiren.

In this conversation, someone was completely broken inside-it was Xui Ren. She also heard about the male omega's proposal from Yunmeng. Her elder brother was already married, and the younger one was not ready, so they were not going to participate.She took a long breath and smiled at them. "I wish you the best, Huangwang Jun," she said, bowing before leaving for her room, crying in her misery.